Cruze Diesel Mobil 3000 XE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last change was AC delco Dexos 2, first was unknown (might have been Dexos 1) been running biodiesel blends between 10-20%. It doesn't show but, there was some fuel dilution on the last two samples (oil level above full)
I have backed down to a B5 blend, will see how it goes

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Looks good - what's your usage profile - city - highway - idling?

Lots of traffic here on the island of Oahu. Driving distance is usually less than 20 miles a day.

What year is your cruze diesel? there's 3 completely different engines (all 2.0 litres) depending on the year of manufacture. A VM motori, a GM/daewoo and lastly a Fiat.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
What year is your cruze diesel? there's 3 completely different engines (all 2.0 litres) depending on the year of manufacture. A VM motori, a GM/daewoo and lastly a Fiat.

In the USA there was only one Diesel engine. I Beleve the VM motori. It's a 2014

Pictures I've seen all show the fiat engine now. Including pictures here.

Is the oil drain on the right side of the engine? the oil filter is on the same side aswell.

wether it's a VM Motori or a Fiat Diesel engine, both are one of the best Diesel engines I ever owned.

I had a 2.7 L VM Motori in a Mercedes W210 270CDI and several Fiat Diesel's from 1.9 to 2.4 L -> they are very common to reach 500.000km without major issues.

The most issues I had with Diesel engines were Volkswagen/Audi Diesel's 2.7 and 3.0 TDI engines.

Last edited:
Where did you find Mobil Super 3000 XE 5W-30 for sale in the US? For an oil that starts at ~12 cSt, it's sheared some.

Originally Posted By: edyvw
Too much shear for C3 oil.
Move to Mobil1 5W30 ESP or some other similar oil.

I will be using Valvoline Synpower MST. I belevied it was fuel dilution causing the viscosity reduction but, the last test showed no fuel. Perhaps Blackstones fuel percentage is off? I have been running a Biodiesel blend. First sample was b20 second b10. Currently running a B5 blend. I beleave the fuel reading is off. The oil level was higher at 4000 miles than at the time of oil change

Have you got dpf?
Cleaning it out requires extra fuel to be injected and eventually burned in dpf.
It also causes high oil level.
Typical for city driving.

Originally Posted By: Bobby_x
Have you got dpf?
Cleaning it out requires extra fuel to be injected and eventually burned in dpf.
It also causes high oil level.
Typical for city driving.

Yes has DPF. Suspect Biodiesel blend causing more fuel dilution than normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back