SuperTech Full Synthetic ATF multi vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen this product before or heard anything about it. $21.97/gallon

SuperTech automatic multi-vehicle low viscosity full synthetic automatic transmission fluid. GM and Ford approved.

Dexron VI
Mercon LV

"Recommended for":

Dexron IIIH
Toyota WS, T-IV
Honda ATF-Z1, DW-1
Hyundai, Kia, Mitsubishi SP-III, SP-IV
a few others

Anyone have any experience with this stuff?

IMG_4506.jpg

IMG_4507.jpg

I would guess it's viscosity at 100 deg C. is probably around 6 cSt. That to me shouldn't be "recommended" for Dex III, Mercon, etc. where their starting viscosities are in the 7.1-7.7 range. That's the same spiel MaxLife ATF makes that it can cover all ATF viscosities...because it shears less.

I think SuperTech makes MV ATF and also Mercon V. If you need those, use those rather than the LV stuff.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
I would guess it's viscosity at 100 deg C. is probably around 6 cSt. That to me shouldn't be "recommended" for Dex III, Mercon, etc. where their starting viscosities are in the 7.1-7.7 range. That's the same spiel MaxLife ATF makes that it can cover all ATF viscosities...because it shears less.

I think SuperTech makes MV ATF and also Mercon V. If you need those, use those rather than the LV stuff.

says on the back that it shouldn't be used for mercon v applications.

Valvoline should make two Maxlife formulations - one for v and one lv.

The Ford customer service number told me to only use licensed Mercon v products. Ford does not recommend universal or synthetic products. And the Motorcraft brand is extensively tested on their products, beyond even the spec. When you buy a Ford reman trans and a dealer installs it, guess who pays if it comes back?

Once there is no licence they are free to do whatever they want. Just quoting what Ford says.

I used it on a car that was near the end of it's life cycle before. Seemed to work well. That said, Havoline Synthetic Multi Vehicle is cheaper on Amazon. Currently $44.60 for 12 quarts (3 gallons) and it's a name brand product.

I bought some but the price went back up so Maxlife is cheaper now at walmart.

Most Multi-vehicle fluids seem to be finding a single line now. So I treat this fluid like I do Maxlife, Havoline Multi-vehicle, etc...

Order it online and pick it up in-store. You save about $5/gal that way
smile.gif

It is made by WPP and most likely the same as Mag 1 LV and every other house brand LV ATF made by this company. Good stuff, and it does carry formal approval by both Ford and GM. The Asian brands don't typically use formal licensing like the European and American car companies do.

I've used Mag 1 LV in cars before with no problems. So the ST should serve you well
smile.gif

I'm sure it's decent but not as good as Maxlife.

And yes DexronIII was a terrible fluid that sheared to nothing so starting at 6 cSt and staying in the 5.5+ cst range during a full interval makes it a superior fluid.

It does no good to start at 7.5 cSt if your at 4 cSt in 30k miles

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
SuperTech automatic multi-vehicle low viscosity full synthetic automatic transmission fluid. GM and Ford approved.

Dexron VI
Mercon LV

I don't see a Dexron-VI license number.
wink.gif

Running it in my 03 Rendezvous with no issues. But Maxlife is only a couple bucks more. (Walmart didn't have enough Maxlife when I did my filter last year.)

Personally I'll be switching to Amsoil in the spring when I add a tranny cooler.

You didn't mention what you will be dumping this in but I always go for the real McCoy and stayed away from the "one size fits all" fluids.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
You didn't mention what you will be dumping this in but I always go for the real McCoy and stayed away from the "one size fits all" fluids.

If it's approved for Mercon LV by Ford and for Dex VI by GM, how is it generic? Because it's in a Supertech bottle?

I'd use it like I would Maxlife...

Seen it but never used it. But have used and am using MaxLife in multiple applications. STMV LV is currently more than $4 a gallon more than ML and more expensive in quart size too at WM. Probably ok, but no reason 'for me' to pay more for STLV ATF, when ML works great ime and costs less.

Originally Posted By: Slick17601
No reason to use it when Maxlife is cheaper.

ST is cheaper than Maxlife when you order it online for store pickup
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted By: Slick17601
No reason to use it when Maxlife is cheaper.

ST is cheaper than Maxlife when you order it online for store pickup..

Not in this area. Currently ML $17.87/gal vs STLV $21.97/gal. ML $4.97/qt vs STLV $5.97/qt. Currently same online as in store price. Agree with Slick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back