Verdict: Best air filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heavy you're on fire with the threads.

I'd say OEM, but like Bluestream said, there is no best. at least not without knowing what its supposed to be best at.

FRAM or Purolator for me, depending if i'm at Wal Mart or Pep Boys
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
NAPA or WIX Gold has proven to be the best in my experience and applications.

Where do you buy a Wix Gold from?

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
NAPA or WIX Gold has proven to be the best in my experience and applications.
Where do you buy a Wix Gold from?
Ah, posting from a phone can have its issues, but I am sure you knew what I intended which was NAPA Gold or WIX.

The best filter is the Donaldson PowerCore. Now whether one can be fitted to your application, well, that's an entirely different discussion.

[/quote]Ah, posting from a phone can have its issues, but I am sure you knew what I intended which was NAPA Gold or WIX.

No, I actually thought there was such a thing and searched for one online but nothing came up which is why I asked.

Originally Posted By: splinter
K&N?

crazy.gif
I was going to jokingly state this, but didn't have my flame suit on. I have used so many filters over the years, and I'm sure paper filters best. For me I have done a lot of testing myself on various cars with hours of research, and find in my driving conditions with my driving habits to enjoy my K&N results. All my motors are high mileage and driven hard with regular synthetic oil changes and top tier fuel. Your mileage will vary by what driving style and level of protection required. /flame suit on
whistle.gif

Mann and Donaldson are near the top for filtration
ITG are the best for bespoke stuff
No filtration is the best option for multiple carbs and/or ITBs
S2000 factory cone is probably the best compromise.

Microgaurd from oriellys is made by wix and a couple dollars cheaper. I lucked out since they have a pricing error on the cabin filter for my equinox. $6 vs $27 for wix. The microgaurd and the wix were identical.

Wix, Baldwin, Hastings and Fleetguard all work well in my Cummins every 15,000 miles.

Jeep gets whatever is on sale or has a rebate going every 20,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
Originally Posted By: splinter
K&N?

If you want to ruin your MAF sensor.

Never ruined a single MAF sensor in any of the applications I've used their drop in filters. I hate when people speak in certainties about topics that have too many variables. I'm not denying that in certain applications and situations ie. customers have been heavy handed or equipment was already prone to failures, that MAF issues have arisen. This I can promise you, the incidents of MAF failures are far fewer than the myriads of success & happy customer experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back