O'Keefe's Working Hands I finally get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Montreal (West Island), Ile Perrot & Vaudreuil Reg
After all that time wondering about all that heavy O'keefe's Working Hands marketing going on overdrive I finally decided to give the stuff a try as I get cracking hands that bleed between the knuckles from doing stuff outside without gloves on.

First application left me baffled as to what the compound was that I was dealing with. Greasy? Waxy? Huh?? then I curiously realized it is a comfortable, clean, absolutely no odor, moisturizing not sure what.

But it really feels great. Pick up a green plastic tub for the 10$ but use very sparingly like a chickpea sized glob rubbed between the backs of your fists then rubbed all over it seeps in like magic. You wont dissappoint weather you are a man or a woman the product has no perfumes that I can smell which I have never seen before.

Last edited:
I use O'Keefe's as well before they started the heavy advertising. Saw it at Walmart one day and one of my hands is dry all the time and even the "good" moisturizers didn't help that much. Now if I remember to use it for 4-5 days in a row I can tell the difference. Also use their foot cream.

CVS store brand squirt bottle is what I started using after I ran out of Aquipore that the physical therapist gave me for the radiation sun burn. I should get more. I use it before gloving up to work outside. Aquipore is basically whipped vaseline.

Mine get pretty bad too. I may have to give this a try.

I have to use chap stick and lotion all the time in the winter months. Carmex chap stick and
Gold Bond Ultimate Healing (Equate version) are my current go to's.

Used it for years; can't deny how well it works. However, my skin developed a sensitivity to it for some reason. I don't know if they changed what was in it or what. There are a lot of chems in it I found. I switched to Bag Balm because it is a much simpler formula and t worked as well or better without the problems. BB doesn't smell good though and it is something you have to put on at night because it is greasy; you have to give it time to soak in.

Originally Posted By: andyd
CVS store brand squirt bottle is what I started using after I ran out of Aquipore that the physical therapist gave me for the radiation sun burn. I should get more. I use it before gloving up to work outside. Aquipore is basically whipped vaseline.

What is this CVS store brand squirt bottle called?

Originally Posted By: The_German
After all that time wondering about all that heavy O'keefe's Working Hands marketing going on overdrive I finally decided to give the stuff a try as I get cracking hands that bleed between the knuckles from doing stuff outside without gloves on.

First application left me baffled as to what the compound was that I was dealing with. Greasy? Waxy? Huh?? then I curiously realized it is a comfortable, clean, absolutely no odor, moisturizing not sure what.

But it really feels great. Pick up a green plastic tub for the 10$ but use very sparingly like a chickpea sized glob rubbed between the backs of your fists then rubbed all over it seeps in like magic. You wont dissappoint weather you are a man or a woman the product has no perfumes that I can smell which I have never seen before.

I'm sure your wife will like your silky smooth soft tender hands.

Just kidding
wink.gif

I use O'Keeffe's every morning and I work in a warm, comfy office. My hands just get very dry, especially the backs of my hands. Put it on right after drying off from my shower.

The foot stuff seems the same as the hand stuff or am I missing something?

This stuff is awesome. As soon as the weather gets cold my hands crack like crazy and nothing I used would help heal them any quicker, even when using various lotions constantly.

Since I started using O'Keeffe's I've had little to no problem and I only put the stuff on my hands when I go to bed.

REMEMBER when we were young & didn't need moisturizer? Our hands just were soft.... naturally. (Along with some zits.)
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
I was at Walgreens today and noticed they have a store brand version of this stuff. This was $5.99.

I've always wanted to find a generic version of that since the original stuff is expensive for a hand lotion.

Masonry work beats up my hands.

pBBW1-9453724v275.jpg

Niece's boyfriend is a window washer in Pittsburgh.He recommended it.
Best ever..period..small amount. You really need to rub it in. Paraffin is an ingredient. Sounds expensive but lasts forever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back