Harley Road King VR1 3000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of bored so I thought I would post an old UOA on my 2011 Road King using 20w-50 VR1 dino. I never posted it before but I thought some people may want to see. It's from 2012 and my bike had 12k on it. I may test again this summer to see how it's holding up with just over 43k on it. I'm currently blending VR1 dino and VR1 syn because I bought a boat load a few years ago on sale.

Last edited:
Good to know the difference between dino and syn is negligible. I'm running Kawasaki 10w40 dino in my Teryx quad. My inner self says to use a MA2 syn oil but the comments by Blackstone make me think I'm doing no harm to it by running the dino version. Thanks for posting!

When GP II oils came into common use the differences between syn ans "conventional" oils were only at the extremes. Some times the "conventionals" are better than syns in certain things.

Originally Posted By: CT8
When GP II oils came into common use the differences between syn ans "conventional" oils were only at the extremes. Some times the "conventionals" are better than syns in certain things.

^^^ Exactly^^^

Does anybody have any comments on the numbers? I'm far from an expert at reading these reports but it seemed to me the oil is doing ok.

fact is most "synthetics" are highly refined CRUDE-DINO oils, better + cleaner + prolly better add packs but non the less DINO oils!!!

Originally Posted By: blueglide88
Does anybody have any comments on the numbers? I'm far from an expert at reading these reports but it seemed to me the oil is doing ok.

Looks excellent to me. Barely showing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back