Nokian Rotiiva AT or Yokohama Geolander A/T-S?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son is getting tires for his recently purchased 1996 Ford F250 2WD he's going to use for landscaping work. The tires he got quotes for are the Nokian Rotiiva AT and the Yokohama Geolander A/T-S. The Yokos are a bit cheaper. Which do you suggest? Since his truck is 2WD he knows he will be getting stuck in yards when he has to drop dirt and gravel so mud capability is a factor as well as not tearing up turf.

Check the Nokian's country of manufacture.

My last set of snow tires where made in Russia. Horrible ride and noise.

Yokohama typically provides good value tires.

Check tirerack.com for reviews.

Last edited:
I have Geos on 2 of the vehicles in my sig (rear 4 tires on the F-450, summer tires on the Jeep XJ)-outside of a little noise, they've been wearing like IRON! I had a set of the Nokians on a parts Chevy pickup for a little while (guessing you're referring to the Vatiiva A/Ts?), they seemed to have soft sidewalls, IMHO the Geolandars are a lot better off road.

Can't speak for the specific type of that Nokian, but can't recommend enough how pleased I am with the brand. I run WR D3 and rate them on pair with Alpin 5 I have on my other vehicle. For 2/3 of the price.

As for Yokohama, again, no specific about that model, but I've never thought much of them. Had Yokos in the past, nothing spectacular.

Last edited:
He ended up going with the Yokahamas, they were cheaper than the Nokians which were made in Russia. Loves them so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back