Farewell Crazyoildude !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a pm from Crazyoildude's soulmate. She wanted me to let everyone know that he passed away friday.

Even though i did not know him, I had talked with him on the phone about a few things, and we had pm'd back and forth a few times.

She wanted everyone here to know how much he enjoyed this site, reading and posting with various members.
I did not know until yesterday that his name was also Brian

I am quoting her here;

"If you could just express my appreciation to all of his friends and fellow bloggers for giving him some joy over the last few years. Let them know how much this site meant to him. He loved working on cars, and he loved his oil. He loved to blog here and share his insight as well as learn from his fellow bloggers."

I feel sad knowing he has passed , and I'm glad we had talked. The fact that she wanted me to post and let everyone know, is a testament to the family like feeling of this site and its fantastic members.

I will think of him when i check the oil level of a new bottle on the shelf , or when I look inside a filter to see if it has "louvers" or holes.

I wish the best to his family and they will be in our prayers.

Thank you, Crazyoildude for making this site interesting and fun. I will raise a glass to you , you are a neat guy.

God bless him and everyone here.

Bryan

It's like a fraternity here. Recently whenever I looked at oil filters, I would often think whether or not the louvers would be crazyoildude-approved.

My condolences are with Brian's family during this difficult time.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Obituary? There is a post where he mentioned Clifton,NJ autozone
here

Take care Brian,
56 is way too young to go

is this his obituary for real? from the sound of his BITOG name I thought he was just a teenager.
will miss him.

I don't know if that is him.... The obit doesn't mention him being survived by his daughter and IIRC, he mentioned in a thread last week that he sent her to Walmart to buy some M1 after the dealer put in the wrong grade in a Santa Fe.

Thank you spasm3 for sharing that with us. Our condolences to Crazyoildude's friends and family.

Yeh maybe not correct obituary on his profile it says he was a mechanic and used to own and engine shop.
But that is the only Brian in new jersey recently.
Just trying to put a face to a name.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek

is this his obituary for real? from the sound of his BITOG name I thought he was just a teenager.
will miss him.

I did too. I thought he was a college boy, I could imagine a 22 year old sitting on the hood of a sports car, hangin' out with his human buds and his ice cold Buds... I admired his youthful digital persona. RIP, COD.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
crazyoildude (Member #22429)
User
Registered On: 07/23/08 09:51 PM

Hmm...

His soulmate is using his login , while its up to pm me. I don't know if she knows his password or she is just using it while she still can ( as long as he is not logged out) Thats why the times are as they are. His last post was 11am or so friday.

She asked for a link so she could follow this thread.( i have sent that link). Just be aware that she is reading the thread and it may bring her comfort.

Bryan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back