opinions about Polytron oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

I own a 2011 BMW 320D (2.0 L diesel engine) and i want the best oil for my car. I tried the BMW twin turbo 5w30 oil and after 6.000 miles it was like water. A friend of mine who has the same engine uses Polytron Fully Synthetic 5w30 and is very satisfied about it. I have never heard about this oil brand before. Did someone tried it? Is it worth to try this oil? Thank you!

Originally Posted By: TudBlana
... and after 6.000 miles it was like water.

That isn't a very scientific analysis.

If It looks like water due to "fuel dilution", you would need to repair the engine first.

What oils are available in Romania?

opinions about Polytron oils

My opinion?

I will NEVER spend that much money on an oil the makes such OUTLANDISH claims!
ALL oils "may increase engine life", LOL!!
grin.gif

https://www.amazon.com/Polytron-Synthetic-15W-40-Motor-Gallon/dp/B00BYF0RYE

For use in automotive, marine, heavy-duty engines (gas, diesel, marine, 2-stroke), compressor pumps, and other suitable equipment. Can be used in older engines, as well as modern engines. DIRECTION: Directly replace the motor oil during oil change with specific viscosity rating (i.e. 5W-40); Polytron MTC added in.
• Polytron Full Synthetic Motor Oil is made of premium synthetic oil with a standard additive package, while adding Polytron proprietary complementary additive, Metal Treatment Concentrate (MTC). Scientific breakthrough, Polytron MTC treats the metal surfaces, not oil; reduces friction significantly. Polytron does not contain any solid particles (i.e. PTFE, Zinc, etc) and is not viscosity modifier. Originally developed for military/government applications
• Eliminates engine wear up to 95%; may increase engine life span by 200-300%; engine may be protected in the event of oil or coolant loss by adding 10% by volume; maintenance cost savings often exceeds 60%
• Contributes to cleaner emissions, reduced engine/equipment operating temperature, improved performance – power, torque, fuel (mpg) and oil economy
• Keeps engine totally clean of any deposit build-up and may considerably extend oil change intervals 300-700%; protection against extreme temperatures, dirt, and moisture

Never heard of it or seen It advertised, they don't mention base stocks or add packs and they don't claim any manufacturer approvals so it's very difficult to form an opinion based on a piece of Prose that doesn't really say anything.

Buy some and send it for analysis, then when you realise its junk go and buy Redline 5w30.

You can find almost any oil in Romania, the problem is if the oil is genuine or fake. The engine runs pretty well, after the oil change i'll put the car on a dyno to see if the power match the factory claims.

I used redline 5w40 in a seat leon 2.0 tfsi is a very good oil but pretty expensive here. Polytron was recomanded to me by a tuner that uses this oil in his race cars and personal cars. The lack of information about polytron seems strange to me.

https://www.polytrondirect.com This is the web page where i read about it. Another 2.0 diesel bmw engine with polytron 5w30 fully synthetic the engine runs very smooth. Maybe some claims are true. I don't know what to say, maybe there are some members that have used this oil and share some information.

Quote:
Polytron oil allows more efficient and cleaner combustion in your engine, increasing fuel efficiency use.

High temperature, high pressure and the extended contact surface all contribute to excessive engine wear and lead to premature failure. Polytron oil helps eliminate unwanted wear and lets the sound equipment that you can rely on the longevity and significantly increased protection.

Lol. Significantly reduces muffler wear too.

On another note, I think we are being taken for a ride here.

Why dyno a 2011 BMW?

There's so many other things that effect output including manufacturer
fine print like BHP at the flywheel rather then HP at the wheels
and the "test case" conditions that apply!

Dyno has little diagnostic value compared to a complete OBDII scan
with a garage scanner that'll see all the other codes that DON'T
cause a engine light, but can effect driveability! Good luck!

I arleady did a complete scan and the car looks fine. I just feel that the engine is a little noisy that's why i want a good oil maybe it will run a liitle smoother.

I arleady did a complete scan and the car looks fine. I just feel that the engine is a little noisy that's why i want a good oil maybe it will run a liitle smoother.

That's not Polytron oil. It's going to be an oil that carries the specification required by the manufacturer, no guessing and no smoke and mirrors.

Find an oil that legitimately carries the required spec instead of having a flashy website that says nothing, and buy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back