Motorcycle myths

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are correct, my wife and I are one of the few that wears a helmet in SC on the side and rural roads. When on the interstate which we is most of our riding or a large part of it. I would guess its more 50/50 or better.
Hmmm ... now maybe its time to hit the road, temp getting to low 70s today, was out on Friday as the temperature peaked at 80!
Its giving me spring fever and we still have some weeks to go for that, but Ill take it! :eek:)

Last edited:
Alarmguy , I wear a helmet all the time when I ride. And let me say I`m jealous right now, temps in the 70`s. :)

It always amazes me the arrogance and ignorance of some people. Nothing in this world is for free, you want your freedom? chances are someone else is paying for it.
I want to get [censored] faced all day long, do nothing, and live like a bum! Chances are someone else is paying for your kids, your welfare, your health bill when you face plant off a bus, again. It's all well and good to preach personal freedom and choice, but try paying for your screw ups out of your own wallet.

Helmets, like seat belts, are extremely effective in reducing serious injury. You would be amazed the damage that happens to the head when it bounces around a bit, car or bike.

ever wonder why when you want to do some work on yer house and you have to get pesky permits? Because years prior some idiot, who believed in their personal freedom decided to renovate their house, screwed up, killed someone, and the rest yelled out "we need protection", and thus a permit was created.

The only reason bureaucrats get into your life, is perhaps you are so bloody useless at not costing the public purse hundreds of thousands!

Honestly, next you will be arguing that doing your own house/compound wiring not only saves you money, electricians are just part of a big conspiracy to stop free thinking good white folk from being independent!

No wonder there is a department in the FBI numbering hundreds just to deal with idiots like that.

Yes, it may be your choice, but not the choice of those involved in the whole process of your mistake.

We had a multi fatality here a couple of years ago, US tourists in a people mover. It rolled several times, 2 or 3 wearing seatbelts survived, the rest were flung out the windows. Maybe they didn't have to wear seatbelts at home, but they do here. What a mess for other people to deal with, and family having to come out here to collect bodies. And of course our welfare system paid for those injured.

Well, in all fairness you do live in another country and the USA is the world standard for being an individual.
In the USA, you are your own person as long as you dont hurt anyone else.
You have god given rights that no public servant can take way from you and that is individual freedom and liberty..
It really does not go well, when people turn over their bodies and lives to public "servants" or allow those servants to control what you do. History proves this to be true and there is ALWAYS a reason to control you.

and also to the New Zealand guy, same deal. People even in this country use as an excuse the "Welfare System? has to clean up the mess, in this country people will say the health care system then has to take care of these people. Again, that is not an excuse to limit ones freedoms. Just because government created a system to take care of people is not an excuse to start picking and choosing what people do with their lives. The people are free first, government second.
Also as a homeowner in the USA you can do whatever you want to your house, its your house. You can build it, install electric, plumbing. To make it legal for sale you just need it to be inspected.

Last edited:
Don't forget something called a 'homeowners' alliance' or something like that, which I have first read about on this very forum.

Last edited:
Ever have a big, fat, bug hit your visor at 160 km/h - 100 mpH? It still puzzles me after all this years how the visor stand this impact without being shatterd. Its "BANG", like hit by a airgun.
Driving without helmet? NO.

well alarmguy, I have to disagree with you about your remark that america is the standard for individualism. I think you are mistaking being an individual with being "bloody minded". just because a person says: "I am going to do this, and not only can you do nothing to stop me, but it's also my (supposed) legally enshrined right!" does not make you an individual. Maybe in america such statements are followed by a threat or waving a gun, and thats why no-one argues with you. Still, your not an individual, just an opinionated thug.

If people are unable to keep themselves safe, and consistently flirt with reckless activities that usually result in death or serious injuries, that bugger it, slap 'em with a fine or jail sentence! Why should the law enforcing departments spend all their time chasing idiots when they could be chasing serious criminals?!

On the other hand, like Darwin suggested, survival of the fittest means the weakest don't get to contribute to the gene pool, ensuring a fitter, smarter population..... so here's a thought, stop wearing helmets, don't use seatbelts, flouro vests are for [censored], clean yer gun with it loaded, tell hispanics to go home while you wear your rebel head band, elect lunatics into the white house, buy guns for ex-cons, allow kids to buy sub-machine guns, and go wrestle alligators for fun.

I was wrong, you are right. Helmets are for idiots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back