VP 2 cycle synthetic at Walmart

All my local Walmart stores are selling VP 2 cycle synthetic oil now. I tried it and I must say that it has the mildest smelling exhaust of any 2 cycle mix I've used in recent memory. I contacted VP and asked them what the base oil is and they were very tight lipped about the base oils and would only say it's a blend of different synthetic oils. The SDS doesn't reveal any info on basestock. Anyone running this oil?

$7 a pint ...

And I was barking about Motul 810 being $19/L. And I know that's about as good as it gets
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
How much is Amsoil?
I know the Quicksilver PWC Full Synthetic that FD rated is $14.97 a quart at Walmart.

I looked it up, and its about $32 a gallon for 2 stroke Amsoil Intercepter, about $8.25 a quart. I usually buy 2-3 gallons at a time for use in my Yamaha Waverunner.

It officially carries the JASO FD rating - NICE! For the typical home owner that is enough oil to last a few years at the typical 32:1 ratio. If I didn't have two liters of Torco GP-7 in my cabinet I'd buy a bottle and see how it does.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Never tried it but...

that stuff is nearly double the price of Amsoil. $$$

But you can't go to Walmart at anytime and buy Amsoil.

Reactions: a5m
Originally Posted By: dave123
You can get a Qt of Mystic Sea&Snow FD rated for under 4 dollars

Can't find the stuff in Florida. I have ordered it from Amazon. Not really a bargin. Seems like Yamalube 2R.

I have burned up 10 gallons of this now. I really can't get over how good the exhaust smells.

Bumping up this old thread..Has anybody else had more experience with the VP ? I bought a few bottles today , mixed up some fresh non-ethanol and ran a couple tanks thru my trimmer and blower. I swear there's a noticeable difference from the ultra hp I had been running. I like it.
50:1 , FD certified, full synthetic..just what I was looking for.

Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
I have burned up 10 gallons of this now. I really can't get over how good the exhaust smells.

And we all know how important it is to have good smelling 2 stroke exhaust...... Carbon monoxide poisoning anyone?
20.gif

33.gif

Originally Posted By: AMC
Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw

And we all know how important it is to have good smelling 2 stroke exhaust...... Carbon monoxide poisoning anyone?
20.gif

33.gif

Isn't that the truth? Sounds like some people need to sign up to "Oil-aholics anonymous" :)

Went and bought more today , I'm good for now , enough for 10 gallons. Should last me about a year , maybe longer.
12.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
Pretty hard to beat Echo's 2 cycle syn blend oil... HD sells it and Amazon has really good deals on it.

Red Armor?

Originally Posted By: boraticus
Isn't that the truth? Sounds like some people need to sign up to "Oil-aholics anonymous" :)

Wait until you get behind a muscle car burning Trick Racing Fuel. Smells awesome.
grin2.gif

Back