Havoline pro full synthetic deposit shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went to oriellys to pick up some oil and filter and found the havoline on sell for 3$ cheaper..so in grabbed me my usual 6 quarts and was pretty happy about it! Anyone here use it and like it? I see the chevron supreme has a good following behind it

Havoline and Chevron are great sleeper oils. Typically cheap and a solid oil. Enjoy! I have never used their full syn but if it is anything like their conventionals I am sure you wont be disappointed.

Havoline ProDS is an oil(as in all Havoline oils) that I do trust and have use for many years. I started using Havoline conventional in the 1980s and have probably used more of it than any other single brand, mostly due to it's lower pricing/deals etc.

Only for about the past 4 yrs, have I been using Havoline Synthetic oil again due to it's pricing. I find it a good oil & value. At one time, Chevron/Havoline were among the darling oils here at BITOG.

I recently got 12 qts of the 5w20 flavor for $3/qt earlier last year; with a rebate it came to $2. Just started using the stuff in the Fusion, and I don't know what it is about the oil, but it makes the Fusion's engine run quieter at idle than most other oils, and was a welcome change from the TGMO 0w20 which made the engine sound like it was falling apart at idle
shocked2.gif
I know they all perform great, just an observation.

I started using Havoline many years ago based on recommendations from this very website. Havoline was the then-favorite, with its very high dose of molybdenum in it (at the time, think it was SL; formulation is different today). It was recommended to quiet down my Nissan KA24E engine. It actually did run a lot quieter than the Valvoline I had been using, and I've used Havoline off and on ever since. Our Ridgeline has Havoline conventional 5W-20 in it right now.

Originally Posted By: Chevy538487
So I went to oriellys to pick up some oil and filter and found the havoline on sell for 3$ cheaper..

I noticed that, too!

Since it meets GM 4718M (corvette)spec oil, I used this in my girlfriend's 2015 1.4 turbo Sonic oil change last month.

I agree with char baby here. Havoline Pro DS is a great oil for a good price point. It's Dexos approved, HTO-06, WSS m2c-946a. I got 8 qts for $2.25 a qt at AAP last month. Now I only can find Havoline Pro DS at O Reilly's. Not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back