Doah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out yesterday, as a family, to see Rogue One. Leaving the cinema I went to put the Camry into reverse. And had problems. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't go into gear. I was pressing the brake, and the lever was moving. But it felt weird. Like... grinding.

Yep. Forget to push the clutch.

24 years of driving manuals, and all it takes is one year of driving automatic-only to forget.
frown.gif
What was worse: as I was leaving, I was thinking, you know, driving my other vehicles is easier, and I think I prefer that...
33.gif

[It had been snowing, so I had started, gotten out, cleaned off the car, and gotten back in. Total brainfart.]

When switching back and forth between automatic and stick vehicles I have often tried to push the clutch on the automatics, and forgotten to push the clutch when stopping with the stick.

Originally Posted By: old1
When switching back and forth between automatic and stick vehicles I have often tried to push the clutch on the automatics, and forgotten to push the clutch when stopping with the stick.

I do this alot; so used to driving the VW or S10. Jump in the work van, reach over to the imaginary gearshift and press the imaginary clutch simultaneously. Coworker normally goes "it's an auto stupid"
lol.gif

Yup, switching back and forth is fun!!

Originally Posted By: Delta
Originally Posted By: old1

I do this alot; so used to driving the VW or S10. Jump in the work van, reach over to the imaginary gearshift and press the imaginary clutch simultaneously. Coworker normally goes "it's an auto stupid"
lol.gif

It's been 10+ years since I had a stick, and my left foot still stomps the floor as I turn the key sometimes!

Originally Posted By: maximus
How was the movie?

Enjoyed it very much. Went home and started watching the original Trilogy as a result.

Originally Posted By: Le_bow_ski
I often get into my wife's Accord and push in the clutch before starting it. It's a CVT automatic.

I sometimes go for the clutch in my wife's car when coming to a stop. She doesn't have a clutch in her car
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back