High Mileage vs Regular oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
even the Jaguar XJS V12.

Nice !!!!
I like those. Is it as fun to drive as it looks ?

That Jag V12 and the Lotus Esprit are my two favorite British cars of that era.

Does HM oils 'over swell' seals and irreversible such that its discontinued use leads to leaks as per video?

I know that's always a concern, but I don't see it, at least not with mainstream HM oils. A whack of them are certified SN/GF-5, which includes seal compatibility. I would find it difficult to believe that an SN/GF-5 oil in an SN/GF-5 application would cause irreversible seal swell. Look at MaxLife. It's even dexos1 for new GM vehicles in the appropriate grades. Now, if using a dexos1 oil on a new GM would cause seal swell issues, that would be quite the pickle for Ashland and GM.

Originally Posted By: SR5
even the Jaguar XJS V12.

Nice !!!!
I like those. Is it as fun to drive as it looks ?

That Jag V12 and the Lotus Esprit are my two favorite British cars of that era.

I love driving the XJS... Problem is, I have other cars and the Jag gets maybe 2K miles a year. On the freeway, the XJS V12 torque is amazing. LOL. It pulls like a freight train.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
CT8 Not all High Mileage oils are blended on the thicker side... Mobil and i Believe Valvoline are Not blended on the thicker side in a matter of fact Mobil Super HM is blended slightly on the thinner side (you can look it up on their PDS listed on their web page)

Pennzoil and Castrol are two that is blended on the thicker side and im sure there are others.

I had great results from Pennzoil High Mileage for many years and i also am having great results from the Mobil. I would use either of them because they are both great oils. I prefer the Mobil in the winter because in my freezer test that oil looked like it flowed great but like i said in other posts i got close to 400,000 miles on an old 83 Oldsmobile wagon with the 5.0 307 v8 on Pennzoil yellow bottle and Pennzoil High Mileage in the Summer.

I posted about PP HM, it is quite thin compared to the competition. Although it may not be fair to compare, considering it is a GTL oil.

On the freeway, the XJS V12 torque is amazing.

Sounds like an excellent thing to do.

Is it in British Racing Green ? ( I wouldn't normally ask about colour, but it is a V12 Jag)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SR5

On the freeway, the XJS V12 torque is amazing.

Sounds like an excellent thing to do.

Is it in British Racing Green ? ( I wouldn't normally ask about colour, but it is a V12 Jag)

Solent Blue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back