Anyone have knowledge of Triax Lubricants 5w30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran across this listing on ebay for 5 gallons for 89.50.
FULL SYNTHETIC TRIAX Synergy SRT 5W-30 SN / Dexos
5 GALLON PAIL
Extreme Performance Formulation with OMC (Organic Molybenum Complex) Technolgy
Boron & Nitrogen Enriched. Cant find much info on it at all.

Check that name very carefully for us. I checked the dexos1 list here and didn't find an exact match, but a close one. Also, one can check API licensing, too, to make sure that the oil is certified as it claims.

If it is, indeed, SN/GF-5 and dexos1, I would call that a decent deal, at least up here.
wink.gif

The ebay listing # 262590956929 for the oil. I found their website and it appears that they are relatively new company (2014) and have a decent product line. Just skeptical since not much of any information at all out on the information super highway. http://www.triaxlubricants.com

Your scepticism is warranted. Their products do not appear to be licensed. Nothing shows up on the API registry or the dexos1 list. The pictures on their site show no Starburst or dexos1 logo, either.

They may very well sell good products. But, they haven't gone for API, ILSAC, or dexos1 testing, despite claiming suitability, and their wording is a bit dodgy on their site. It's not a good practice to lump approvals and suitable for all in one batch like they do, particularly when we can't find an actual approval for anything.

They are owned by Remmco international Ltd. A guy named George Visan is registered owner. He abandoned the triax lubricants name awhile ago and is liquidating all the oil on eBay. Once it's gone it's gone. It's located in grapevine Texas. I'm not commenting on the quality of the products but if they were that good for that price why didn't the company take off. Either they are not what they claim or the sales didn't take off and money wasn't there to turn a profit. Either way be careful if you buy. No one to go after if it doesn't work and all the blends are at least 2 years old. Not sure if shelf life matters. I bet the oil is in someone's storage unit waiting to get sold or stored somewhere. He will take any offer to sell it off since no more is being made.

Came across this and felt compelled to respond. No, the products are not being liquidated, or the company going under.

Until 2013 TRIAX made mostly custom blended products for advanced commercial and military applications with very specific and demanding requirements, such as 15,000 hr hydraulic oils, arctic grade engine oils (0W40, 0W-30 CJ-4), friction modified engine oils and many others. In 2013 we decided to roll out our own product line containing some of the technology that was developed for others. Nothing is being liquidated and we are currently producing about 500-600k gallons a month. Our portfolio contains over 500 fluids which we are gradually introducing to the market and making available for direct purchase. We are currently working to expand our staff to handle direct sales and our website is continually being updated with new items.

Originally Posted By: TriaxLubes
Came across this and felt compelled to respond. No, the products are not being liquidated, or the company going under.

Until 2013 TRIAX made mostly custom blended products for advanced commercial and military applications with very specific and demanding requirements, such as 15,000 hr hydraulic oils, arctic grade engine oils (0W40, 0W-30 CJ-4), friction modified engine oils and many others. In 2013 we decided to roll out our own product line containing some of the technology that was developed for others. Nothing is being liquidated and we are currently producing about 500-600k gallons a month. Our portfolio contains over 500 fluids which we are gradually introducing to the market and making available for direct purchase. We are currently working to expand our staff to handle direct sales and our website is continually being updated with new items.

Welcome to BITOG! Who are you, and what type of lubricants for vehicles are you currently making? Any info available on a website, or such?

Originally Posted By: TriaxLubes

You should give some away for people to test out and send UOA, that would be a good way to raise brand awareness on this site. I'm sure people would be frothing at the mouth to get free oil. Just make sure they don't drink it. You never know, around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back