Changing desk top icons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange problem just started a few days ago, I have my desktop icons set to small in the view settings and then have them arranged a certain way how I like them, when I shut down my PC for the night then fire it back up in the morn. they are switched back to large and there arranged automatically.

I checked settings in the view tab all settings are set where they have been nothing is changed, again I have small selected and I have Auto arrange unchecked, Sounds simple I must be missing something?

PC is W7 x64

That's weird especially since you have auto arrange unchecked. Don't have Windows 7 installed on this machine, but I have used it lots.

Do you have any cleaning software that may be doing it? Also, is the video resolution changing any? May need to try a different video driver.

When you start it up first thing in the morning, and it comes back up with large icons do a restart, and see what happens.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
That's weird especially since you have auto arrange unchecked. Don't have Windows 7 installed on this machine, but I have used it lots.

Do you have any cleaning software that may be doing it? Also, is the video resolution changing any? May need to try a different video driver.

When you start it up first thing in the morning, and it comes back up with large icons do a restart, and see what happens.

No cleaning SW, just AV and AM software, resolution is un effected, I will try that next time, nothing has changed on my doing(that I know of) just started this one day, thanks.

Maybe a driver is bad like you said?

I wonder if I don't have a driver starting right or bad because once and a wile I get a Microsoft Windows box pop up when windows is starting that says "The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait"
then it goes on to say "Do you want to end this process"

Save it as a current theme maybe? Right click on your desktop and select properties to get there.

I have had that with Windows updates or by using virus removal software etc.
I also had a bad HD and it continually scrambled up the icons.
Run your AV and a good anti spyware and see if that fixes it. You may have been Hijacked
wink.gif

Also take notice of your clock and see if it holds time- it may just be a MB battery too........

Thanks,

Not a work PC, clock holds,

One interesting note if I change it to LARG icons it will stay and not be changed, it seems only small icon setting is effective.

I'll try a AV scan.

Did you adjust the screen resolution earlier????????
It too may have something to do with the icons

I have the same issue on my desktop (Windows 10 though). My icons stay where they are supposed to, but always go big when restarting.
I have read several fixes, but none have worked for me so far.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
I have the same issue on my desktop (Windows 10 though). My icons stay where they are supposed to, but always go big when restarting.
I have read several fixes, but none have worked for me so far.

I updated my driver and still no dice, this is a pain!

Have you tried.....

PC Settings - System - Advanced Display Setting - Advanced Sizing of Texts?

Have you played around with your Resolution Settings?

Or are you using a Custom Theme that enlarges texts?

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Have you tried.....

PC Settings - System - Advanced Display Setting - Advanced Sizing of Texts? No but will

Have you played around with your Resolution Settings?that was never touched

Or are you using a Custom Theme that enlarges texts? No

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back