2016 Charger R/T Hemi Oil....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wanting thoughts/opinions on what oil to run in my Charger R/T. 20k miles on the odometer, with 75% left on oil life. Got it at 17K, and will be running top end WIX filter. Local engine builder here recommends Schaffer, and his son runs it in his Challenger R/T. Any thoughts on what might work best with this motor? Thanks - John

The 5.7 has proven to work just hunky dory on what it says on the cap, which is a 5w-20. I'd probably run M1 EP 5w-20 at the OLM interval, since it never gets cold enough to justify the 0w-20 version there.

Castrol Magnatec 5w20 at Walmart, Pennzoil Platinum or Mobil 1, take your pick. <--- Probably in that order. Valvoline syn-power as well.

I own a 2014 RAM with a higher output 5.7 than any other application in the same year. It is absolutely not hard on the oil. Only 45k or so, but the engine is simply not fussy about it.

I have run M1 5W-20 more than most, but i would not hesitate to buy almost any 20W that was on sale...

My buddy has a 2015 RT Shaker Plus. I recommended the SRT 0W-40 since he literally does burnouts everywhere and changes his rear tires with his oil.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
My buddy has a 2015 RT Shaker Plus. I recommended the SRT 0W-40 since he literally does burnouts everywhere and changes his rear tires with his oil.
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

I have a 16 Scat Pack Charger and was a bit alarmed at the condition of my rear tires at 7,000 miles. It's hard to resist the go pedal in that thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back