Fire bombing in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing a few rumours from some old fellow pilots, that the vast out of control forrest fire in Canada during the spring was assisted by a series of low level fuel dumps. The aircraft involved were based in the US, although I don't know the types of wide body involved.

The fires were probably intended to clear paths for new all weather roads, airports and large open cast mine sites. One of the fires spread in the wrong direction for a while due to a wind shift.
I presume the value of the REE (Rare Earth Element) deposits in the area was significant enough for the US & Canadian governments to agree that fire bombing at night was the fastest way of clearing out the required areas. It was also by far the cheapest option.

PS: In addition to REE ore deposits, Canada has diamonds and Gold, so I might be wrong to assume the sponsors were after REE ores, BUT it's difficult to figure out as very few of the maps of such deposits are of any interest, as the recent surveys are not in the public domain.

Last edited:
OK, let me get it right.
Climate change and unprecedented drought? No frigging way!
US government firebombing Canadian forests. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense!

Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK
Hearing a few rumours from some old fellow pilots, that the vast out of control forrest fire in Canada during the spring was assisted by a series of low level fuel dumps. The aircraft involved were based in the US, although I don't know the types of wide body involved.

The fires were probably intended to clear paths for new all weather roads, airports and large open cast mine sites. One of the fires spread in the wrong direction for a while due to a wind shift.
I presume the value of the REE (Rare Earth Element) deposits in the area was significant enough for the US & Canadian governments to agree that fire bombing at night was the fastest way of clearing out the required areas. It was also by far the cheapest option.

PS: In addition to REE ore deposits, Canada has diamonds and Gold, so I might be wrong to assume the sponsors were after REE ores, BUT it's difficult to figure out as very few of the maps of such deposits are of any interest, as the recent surveys are not in the public domain.

[censored] dude. You guys got the taxed weed too?

I was looking for crazy in the chemtrails post. I was looking in the wrong place.

Shake up weeple!

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
OK, let me get it right.
Climate change and unprecedented drought? No frigging way!
US government firebombing Canadian forests. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense!

Yeah, we do it all the time ...

Talk about conspiracy theories. Where do folks think this stuff up ?????

It was nothing to do with the US government, although the shortage of REE's is classed as a strategic threat, because China dominates the market.
The airliners used were not available in Canada, so they would have been dry leased in the US. No modifications were required, as nearly all large airliners have fuel dump valves.

In legal terms they did nothing wrong taking off and landing at US airports, so it's just a matter for the Canadian government in terms of the environmental damage done, IF they did not approve of the operation.

I'm sure a few departments in the US government knew and allowed the use of a covert flight plan so the aircraft could not be traced from air traffic control records.

The big question is, which mining company sponsored the operation ??

Last edited:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

In an effort to encourage critical thinking, kindly share your evidence of this international firebombing black op. FYI, "I heard it from someone" is not that.

Just to give you all some background info. REE's are used as trace elements for many high tech applications and if China decided to stop exporting those metals to the US, the electronics, automotive and some defence sector companies would have to cease production within a few months in some cases.

The US does have some REE deposits, but due to environmental concerns (They are mixed up with Uranium ore in many cases), shut down those mines and even demolished some of the complex processing plants. The US is now very active trying to open up some of those mines and most important of all, build or in some cases restore the complex chemical processing plants.

Oddly enough the only other country that has significant remaining REE deposits is Afghanistan (Although the Russians also have some smaller mines and plants functioning) and those ore deposits were the main financial motivating factor in their attempt to occupy that country. The REE deposits are rather spread out, but mostly in Northern Afghanistan.

The real scandal in recent years has been the fight for the Copper and Lithium ore deposits. Alas the US & Brits failed to win the hearts and the minds of the war Lords of Afghanistan or get the mining rights. So the Chinese are now busy with the initial planning and survey work required for a rail connection from China. Their border is less than 100 miles long and kind of mountainous, although not as difficult as the border between Kashmir (Part of India) and Afghanistan that would have been used for a rail connection had things worked out differently.
The Copper ore deposit in NE Afghanistan is truly biblical in terms of its value and the Lithium ore deposit is also a real big one. It will take the Chinese 25 years to build a railway line to Copper valley, but it will be the most amazing railway journey ever in tourist terms.

PS: If you think the US & UK governments tried to occupy Afghanistan for any reason other than the financial desires of their big mining companies, then DYOR (Do your own research), as it's all in Google search.

Last edited:
Rumour has it. Really! Show me proof and not somebody told me that..... rumour has it that a friend who is a captain of a tanker ship said that he thinks Windsor Salt continually dumps into the oceans causing the high salt content.

Last edited:
Sure. DYOR.

But then, and this is really important, DYOCT. Critical thinking. Analysis of all the garbage and falsehoods that Google turns up is the required next step, otherwise, you start believing some of the [censored] that you've turned up.

Shall we try this again?

Your thoughts are not evidence of anything. Your extraordinary claim of an international corporate firebombing conspiracy requires evidence from a credible source in order to be considered.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Sure. DYOR.

But then, and this is really important, DYOCT. Critical thinking. Analysis of all the garbage and falsehoods that Google turns up is the required next step, otherwise, you start believing some of the [censored] that you've turned up.

Google search, both news and web site related is good. BUT it can be edited or even restricted by the US government and friends. Also you can pay to have material or names deleted, as many folks do each year, mostly due to security concerns.
Most of the interesting press articles and Afghan government web sites are still there, although you might need to look at some of the mining forums to find some more detailed info on the value of the REE, Copper, Lithium, Coal, Iron Ore, semi preciuos stones and Gold. There do have some oil & gas, but not much. The Germans and Iranians are working on the rail line to the coal and Iron ore (It's in the West). That railway line will take them about 10 years and oddly enough the Brits did the surveys required ages ago, when we were still trying to grab the Opium, Gold and SPS's.

The BBC 2 docu film, "Bitter Lake", is real good for background info on both Afghan and Mid East history, BUT they are under the boot of the right wing UK government, so never mentioned anything to do with mining.

Last edited:
That's your third post of opinions, but we're still waiting for evidence of your original claim, the international firebombing conspiracy.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Shall we try this again?

Your thoughts are not evidence of anything. Your extraordinary claim of an international corporate firebombing conspiracy requires evidence from a credible source in order to be considered.

They are not my thoughts, but are based on word of mouth from one of the co-pilots involved, the rest of the info is based on research in terms of which web sites or mining related press articles to read.
Even if I had real evidence, I would be nuts to post it in any forum, as the independent press would pay big bucks for it.

Without providing the source of your ridiculous claim, it's invalid.

I heard something from a person who knows a pilot.

I can't share because something something media conspiracy.

All invalid. The burden of proof is on the claimant. That's you.

Ah, I should not have given you the impression it was an international conspiracy, as it might not have been. It could have been just a series of training flights within Canada, so even if the aircraft were hired in the US, the co-pilot did not in fact say the actual fuel dumping flights were from the US. So it might have been an all Canadian affair in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back