'13 Golf TDI- Pentosin Super Perf. III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received my 3rd UOA for the Golf. All good news it seems.

Miles on engine- 52,237
Miles on Oil- 7,326

I towed my ~1500lb camper 3k of those miles on 2 different road trips. One to the mountains and one to the desert.

Screen Shot 2016-12-15 at 8.17.16 PM by DerekG710, on Flickr

I'm not really concerned with extending my OCI's and I plan to stick to 7,500-8,000 from now on, and I probably won't pay for anymore TBN tests because of that fact. I've gone through most of the VW 507 oils and they have all produced good results on my

Last edited:
Do you intend to do the buyback on your car within next two years? Just curious.

Originally Posted By: edyvw
That is good UOA.
Did you notice any subjective difference with all those oils (noise, cold start etc.)?

I haven't been able to tell any subjective difference. I should have labeled the oils on that report though....

The first UOA at ~35k miles on the car and 6,900 miles on the oil was Castrol Pro 507

The second at ~44k on the car and 9,100 on the oil was Mobil 1 ESP 507

This current report was with Pentosin super performance 507

I filled the car with Total so I'll see how that one did in ~8k miles.

Originally Posted By: FowVay
Do you intend to do the buyback on your car within next two years? Just curious.

I told myself from the day the news broke that I wouldn't because I like the car so much. I don't plan to at this time, but I will at least give it another thought when the deadline nears in mid 2018. I've put a lot of energy into the meticulous maintenance and documentation of this car since new. With such great oil reports and considering how reliable this car has been I really don't like the idea of sending the car to the crusher if they can't come up with a fix.

All that being said my cousin just sold back his TDI and came home with a new Tacoma TRD Off-road edition and that truck is pretty sweet. I tow our camper with the Golf to Colorado every year and rent jeeps to go off roading in. It would be cool to have a vehicle that could hit the trails and then tow the camper back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back