Shop Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd post some pictures of some work I'm doing in the shop.

Top to bottom:
Mounted throttle body and partially installed wiring harness on the '49 Chevy TBI swap.
Mounted computer and partially installed harness under dash.
'89 Chevy K5 Blazer 31 gallon fuel tank and sending unit mounted under rear of truck
The '49 Chevy itself
The '52 Chevy pickup I changed the oil in earlier in the week.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Love those trucks. Good to see Old Navy hasn't got all of them.

crackmeup2.gif

I was wondering who all those high bidders were at Barret-Jackson.

I'll snap some pictures tomorrow of some of the other projects we've got going on. The TBI swap has been relatively straightforward and easy, and I've done most of the work myself, with dad helping me with the wiring harness. Hopefully we'll have it running by the first of next week.

The truck isn't actually a '49; it's about 3/4 of a '49 body sitting on a '77 Chevy C10. Wiring harness, computer, throttle body, fuel lines and accompanying sensors came from an '89 C1500 donor truck, and the fuel tank, fuel filter, spark plugs, plug wires, distributor, engine coolant temp sensor and knock sensor are new.

My dream car is an old farm truck like that with modern brakes, suspension, fuel injection, and air conditioning, so its comfortable, safe, and reliable.

A late model 5.3L LS motor with 300HP would be a heck of a nice swap.

Top to bottom:
'48 Ford is getting Petronix electronic ignition
'68 Malibu is getting a Vintage Air AC kit
The '50 Chevrolet pickup is being pulled off the frame and sat down a '96 S-10 chassis
The Bronco is getting a new fuel tank and we've got to get it running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back