New Motorcraft??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this ad for new Motorcraft lines. Wonder what it will mean? I tried to go further into the page under parts but the page is all messed up. So much for high hopes.....

http://www.fordparts.com/Motorcraft.aspx?bannerid=9673871|2633937|137323330|71992001|310064908

For me your copy and paste is all messed up. Can you try again? Thanks

Last edited:
If I copy and paste the link it works for me.

The ad is for Motorcraft analyzing there lines with new "better products in the same red box" Doesn't say anything specific. Probably just foo foo ads.

There is a new line called "Omnicraft" they are coming out with that is supposed to be parts for competitive makes. It is targeted at the Quick Lane and then for regular service departments for used cars or people that bring competitive make cars in for service. So far it seems a lot of dealers are not jumping on the bandwagon as they required a fairly sizable initial order and just gave "popularity" of the part and not application. Plus we normally will order our Motorcraft parts from a FAD, Ford Authorized Distributor, and not Ford directly. That way I can buy lets say 8 or 16 of one spark plug part number instead of 96 or maybe 5 cases of FL820S instead of a pallet. With the new Omnicraft program the FADs get no discounts so they have no incentive to carry them.

Went to the QuickLane this morning and they installed an Omnicraft oil filter. I can see the oil filter when I pop open the hood. In the past they've always put an MC filter on. Also had them install some Nokian eNTYRES that I bought on Amazon. No apt needed and I was there at 7:30 am.

Omnicraft Filters - PDF Link

96% efficiency at 20µ for these filters. That's pretty darn good, at least in comparison to Motorcraft's old numbers. IIRC (and please do correct me if I am wrong), I think Motorcraft filters are 80% efficiency at 20µ, so this seems like a jump of 16%. I just wonder how much they cost. Is this exclusive to only package deals, or will individual filters be available to order, or maybe possibly in stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back