What Are You Working On?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tuning up my summertime 8N that I use to bush hog, then I'll put it away for the winter. I pulled the winter snow plow 2N out and it's sitting at the far overhead door ready to go at the first snowfall.

Finished off the day by installing a new water pump on an '06 Dodge Ram with a 5.7 V8. Pop, I have to ask, what oil do you run in those machines?

Nothing auto related that may come in the spring with a vengeance. Right now it's a major bathroom remodel that's turned into a house remodel. Been at it for over three months just working on demo. Just got done replacing all the 1/2 copper to 3/4 PEX also replaced and upgraded the natural gas lines. All of that was to put in a tankless water heater to take the chimney that was in the closets. She wanted the extra room which makes sense and the old water heater was over 12 years old anyways. The plus side the water pressure and endless hot water is great!

This weekend have to remove the cast iron stack through the roof and may start on the chimney. Oh and also she wants to make the attic so we can store more stuff up there easily. So going to sister 2x6's to the current 2x4's and put some flooring in. Filling the cavities with insulation first of course. Already put in a new pull down stairs.

Once I get some of that done and start putting walls and floors in... probably 2018! The water damage in the bathroom was probably over 20 years old just covered up by the last few owners. Had to remove 6ft in every direction.

Got a '10 Ford Transit Connect in for bad power steering hose seals ( line to steering rack), a bad motor mount, and an oil change. Also got the Troy Built chipper/ vac running by replacing the fuel pump diaphragm and the fuel supply and diaphragm vacuum hoses.

Originally Posted By: Red91
Disassembling a washer and dryer for the motors.

What will you be doing with the motors?

Tried to convince myself to put on wife's snow tires; decided it was too cold so I took a bike ride instead.

Converted some of my basement lighting from T12's to LED. Much better, will do the rest next weekend.

I should fire up the snowblower and make sure it works (probably won't), and I should get some scrollsaw projects going.

A bit of a laundry list for the fleet:

01 Tundra: Finish front end suspension rebuild, front brake overhaul, new headlight housings, valve cover gaskets.
02 Silverado: Tie rod boots, mystery clunk, replace rear parking brake shoes
04 Lexus LS430: Timing belt and the works, rear diff leak.

Helped dad replace the vent windows and window channeling on a '52 Chevrolet pickup. Will finish tomorrow then tackle the wiring harness on the '49 Chevrolet TBI swap.

Once this cold snap eases:
1. Inspect TB front brakes, bleed and grease slide pins.
2. Clean up rust on the TB door seams.
3. Fashion flat steel bar to bolt across a portion of the torque converter dust shield on my Ram to stop the incessant tapping sound created when the engine is cold.

Changed the oil on the '52 Chevrolet pickup while dad diagnosed it with a bad generator. Replaced the heater bypass elbow tubes on an '05 Buick LaCrosse 3800, and did an oil change on a '99 Camaro.

I'm destroying the electrical system on a Honda CB 125 by applying reverse polarity.

DONE. Didn't take me very long.

Wonder what I'll do next?

I'm investigating the damage I caused by applying reverse polarity to a Honda CB 125 electrical system.

Looks like it'll be a long, depressing job.

Replace DPFE on 97 Ford F150. Had the original metal body DPFE on truck. CEL came on and code was for bad unit. Put on BWD part from Oriely. Later the check valve on the hot water heater had failed and was dripping water. New valve and no more drips. Two good jobs done today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back