Pennzoil making huge changes across the lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bud_One
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
If you look though the new PYB also still is all yellow..
The other labels are not.

+1 - exactly
grin.gif

+2

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
No PP for me, till the NOACK values are disclosed again.

This must take M-1, Edge, and just about all other PCMO's off your list.

I have three 5 quart jugs of PU coming tomorrow, I wonder what color bottle it will be................

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Originally Posted By: Daniel_Plainview
Terrible marketing strategy.

I agree.

We will see Pennzoil synthetics significantly closed the sales gap on Mobil 1. If sales drop it was a terrible decision.

Looked much better before, now it looks like the cheaper jugs like supertech or peak? Now they all look like pennzoil yellow bottle, im gonna be second guessing myself all the time if i got the right jug. I feel like this is a step in the wrong direction but we'll see.

The shape of the bottle is great, should be very easy to handle and pour. The graphics are terrible.

Each bottle looks far too similar, the labels are too busy with not enough to differential between them. SOPUS should keep the yellow circle with the Pennzoil logo, drop the huge vertical "PENNZOIL" and enlarge the Platinum, Ultra Platinum, Gold etc lettering to differentiate the levels of product more clearly. Just my 2 pennies.

Originally Posted By: vitez
The shape of the bottle is great, should be very easy to handle and pour. The graphics are terrible.

Each bottle looks far too similar, the labels are too busy with not enough to differentiate between them. SOPUS should keep the yellow circle with the Pennzoil logo, drop the huge vertical "PENNZOIL" and enlarge the Platinum, Ultra Platinum, Gold lettering to differentiate the levels of product more clearly. Just my 2 pennies.

+1

My thoughts as well, and I think the different bottle colors (yellow, silver, charcoal/black, copper/bronze, gold) were much better also.

I don't think the change was a good decision by SOPUS. That seems to be what happens though -- change, even when it's not necessary. Why try to fix something that's not broken. Just my opinion.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: cmhj
some people are never happy

+1

+2 It's not like bottle aesthetics dictates how your engine will run on the oil. Just take an extra second reading the label to make sure you got the right oil. Not complicated.

Originally Posted By: mclasser
Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: cmhj
some people are never happy

+1

+2 It's not like bottle aesthetics dictates how your engine will run on the oil. Just take an extra second reading the label to make sure you got the right oil. Not complicated.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^much to do about a little change. Read the label.

Perhaps Shell is trying to corner the market on yellow plastic so yellow (petroleum based) plastic kayaks don't try to block their rigs again ...
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
^ And they ran out of room, so they had to cut off the L in the vertical "PENNZOIL"

Haha I just now noticed that! It looks really goofy. Maybe they're trying to save money on ink by emininating an "L" :p To me these new labels look too "1980s". Reminds me of the overly busy 1980s BMX bicycle graphics. Do not like.

I prefer the classic yellow Pennzoil bell logo.

Originally Posted By: jayg
This saves them money but I can see it causing customer confusion and lots of people buying the wrong oil for a while.

You're quite right. They should create a standardized color for the cap to represent base, weight and use.

Some people on here need to learn how to accept that other people have opinions and how to respond to others' opinions without being insulting about it. That's what causes trouble on here and leads to members being less active as a result.

For low class, small minded people that inflate their fragile egos by insulting others, the first response is to ignore them, the second is to laugh at them.

BTW, Amsoil has standardized cap colour and oil grade in their SS, XL and OE PCMO lines. Good idea.

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Some people on here need to learn how to accept that other people have opinions and how to respond to others' opinions without being insulting about it. That's what causes trouble on here and leads to members being less active as a result.

That's the Internet dude. That's ANY FORUM I participate in.

You know what they say about taking heat in the kitchen and what you can do if it gets too hot......

This forum has almost 60,000 members....can't be that bad!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back