MAS suspension parts?

Anybody ever heard of these? I went shopping at RA today putting together a cost estimate to put a new front suspension on my CVPI. They had this brand that I hadn't seen before.
Their "Premium XL" sound pretty good quality http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=7521752&cc=1384983&jsn=229&jsn=229
Thing is, they are 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of a Moog Problem Solver (which I don't really want to buy anyway)
The other joints I was looking at was Magneti Marelli from Amazon, which is about $40 for a LBJ instead of $11 of these MAS parts.

Anybody ran these or know someone who did?

It would be nice if they were top shelf parts and a real alternative, I hope I am wrong but I smell Cheap Chicom rubbish like Mevotech.

I think Ill buy one and inspect it.
The pictures look good, but they could be a ringer like fast food restaurants

Last edited:
Our local AC Delco/Motorcraft/Mopar house has started carrying MAS, but I haven't really tried them out yet.

I did buy MAS tie rod adjusting sleeves for my truck from them for an eventual steering linkage overhaul that I am accumulating parts for, but that's a simple part that doesn't tell too much. The parts and included hardware did look good though, and I will probably buy more MAS pieces and install them if they look good. The packaging was also good, which isn't always an indicator of anything, but IME usually better parts are in better packaging.

Hopefully they will be for suspension parts what Centric is for brake parts...usually Chinese made, but good quality.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

Hopefully they will be for suspension parts what Centric is for brake parts...usually Chinese made, but good quality.

Centric has started launching a suspension line as well.

I bought MAS sway bar links for my van. They were on Rockauto clearance so I figured it was worth a shot as the whole set cost me less than just 1 piece at any local auto store. Well it has been almost a year since I installed them and recently I noticed excessive noise from the passenger side. It was a clunk and squeak. I inspected it and found the nut worked itself loose. Odd as I torqued it down good when I installed them. I will keep a close eye on it. Still getting some squeaking sound.

Would I buy it again? Sure if the price is right. The parts are very cheap and I don't expect them to last very long.

I bought some front end MAS parts for a 2000 chevy 2500, their quality is OK but not OEM. I expect it to last only a few years.

Were they their "Premium" line or their standard line barkley?

I ordered $740 of parts today, including MAS steering joints and the upper BJs. Ill probably scrap one of the BJs in an effort to see the construction.

Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
Were they their "Premium" line or their standard line barkley?

I ordered $740 of parts today, including MAS steering joints and the upper BJs. Ill probably scrap one of the BJs in an effort to see the construction.

No I just bought the regular line. I would imagine the premium is better but I am going to buy nothing but moog from now on. Specifically the outer tie rod is thinner along the shaft, it still seems OK but again not something I am comfortable with long term.

Last edited:
Hi Colt, please offer up any kind of follow-up you can on the MAS parts.
It's impossible to find good info about MAS part quality! Most forums I saw where an OP asked about MAS, people close their ears and say "You get what you pay for LA LA LA" without actual MAS part experience - what a huge disservice to everyone to proffer that incredibly irrelevant opinion.

FWIW, I installed MAS XL tie rod ends a few months back and am impressed with the quality so far. They are heavy, have clean cuts & plump boots and came well-packaged.

Time will tell how they hold up but so far, so good.

Mevotech has the new Supreme line too which seems aimed at Moog PS, might be an option.

MAS is probably as good as Moogs RK line, which I'm guessing it what lots of shops use.

Right at six months ago I installed MAS center link, idler arm, inner and outer tie rods, and tie rod end adjusting sleeves on the front end of my Toyota pickup. So far all the parts have been holding up just fine. The painted black coating is still holding up good too. All the parts still look new.

All of it was made in China. All the parts were just the standard line.

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
Mevotech has the new Supreme line too which seems aimed at Moog PS, might be an option.

MAS is probably as good as Moogs RK line, which I'm guessing it what lots of shops use.

Tried them, cheap boots, just rehashed trash.

Good to know. Any comments on the bushing material?

Moog PS easily gets the best rep but my experience hasn't been stellar. I've had a few of their sway bar end links come apart prematurely and currently have Moog PS inner/outer tie rods on my Liberty and after 1 winter they are rusted. I wash underneath it weekly.

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
currently have Moog PS inner/outer tie rods on my Liberty and after 1 winter they are rusted. I wash underneath it weekly.

When I installed the all those MAS parts that I listed in my previous post, I also installed Moog PS upper ball joints(555 Made in Japan). They are covered with rust in just six months, and the MAS parts still look new.

I did the 555 thing on my Supra 13 years ago. I bought into the country of origin thing too. But after all was said and done I do remember their non existent paint finish.

I am so close to finally settling on MAS outer tie rod ends for my new old Avalon. I have been torturing myself for almost a week now trying to figure out what the best non OEM suspension parts co is.

Back