Super Tech or NAPA Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think is better for 7500 mile oil changes Super Tech or Napa Synthetic in 2010 Mazda 3 5W20 and Chevy Silverado 2500 with 6.0 5w30. The Honda uses whatever is on sale being that it has 165K on a 2001 in the western NY A.K.A the body will be gone long before the engine gives up.

Or is 7500 miles too much for either of these?

Hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving.

Joel

I'd go with the Napa since it's pretty much full synthetic Valvoline. Plus haven't heard of any issues with it.

Napa Synthetic is rebranded Synpower, and it's on sale for only $2.99/qt for the rest of the year
smile.gif

Plus, it comes in single quart bottles, which are easier to pour than the big jug on sale at Walmart. The ST single-qt bottles are not on sale. The ST is made by WPP.

Use the Napa in both cars, and you can safely run it to the full OCI suggested by the computers. While you're there, pick up Napa Gold filters.

I'd use either comfortably for 7500 miles....if I wanted to go beyond that I'd use M1 or PUP.

For 7500 miles or 1 year as long as the engines are in good shape both of them are ok if you wanted to go more miles i would go with Mobil 1

Both are good oils. Choose whichever fits your budget/needs.

Personally, I drive past a NAPA on my way home from work, so it is more convenient for me and I'd rather support the locally owned NAPA than WalMart. I've run both oils in my sister's Acura 3.2TL with no difference in performance.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
NAPA has $15 off when you spend $15 coupon black friday only 11/25/16 fyi.

Where is this coupon?

I'm stopping for a gal. of 5/40 Valvoline Extreme Blue $3.99, going in the 993cc Yama sled Saturday...very zippy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back