Sunsong Power Steering Hose Assy

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back I was helping someone replace their power steering hoses on a Toyota and I noticed a Chinese company (Sunsong) selling complete power steering hose assemblies for most Toyotas. I didn't buy it at the time but when I needed one this past week for my ECHO I decided to check it out. It was only $70 as opposed to $230 for the OEM one, and I figured I could send it back if the quality was bad.

It came today and the quality seems amazing. It is an exact duplicate of the OEM one, right down to the brackets and screws. Either they make it for Toyota or it is an incredible duplicate. It seems very well made and the hoses are at least marked with the correct SAE pressure ratings. I'll see how it works out but so far it seems quite the bargain.

With an aftermarket HP PS hose, make sure to both dead AND live bleed the system after installation. Otherwise, you'll end up with a perpetual whining noise.

That looks really good. The Gates p/s hoses lack the OE style "heatshield material" and clamps.

Her Volvo has a Sunsong brake hose on it from AAP. It sure seems to be holding up better than the 1.5 year old Meyle hose it replaced.

I read about them after I bought the hose and they make OEM as well as aftermarket parts.

I bought some Centric hoses from RA that turned out to be made by them as well.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
That looks really good. The Gates p/s hoses lack the OE style "heatshield material" and clamps.

Exactly, the ones we bought for my friend's car were Edelmann made in Mexico. While they worked, they lacked the OEM clamps and abrasion covers which the Sunsong one does have. His clamps and rubber bushings were reusable but mine are not.

I still don't know if Sunsong is somehow the manufacturer or just making exact looking copies. I've never bought a Toyota OEM part (other than oil filters) that wasn't made in either the US or in Japan. Even if one was and I missed it, it certainly wasn't from China.

Originally Posted By: thescreensavers
Dorman brake lines are Sunsong, put them on both vehicles in my sig no issues.

I want to say I bought a set of centric brake hoses for an Audi of mine and they were Sunsong as well. The OE hoses on those cars don't last a terribly long time so these will be fine.

Originally Posted By: ford46guy
Their brake lines are excellent. I wonder if they are an OEM.

Their site says they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back