Virgin ST3600 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
full-68520-2391-img_4437.jpg

is that a tear in the pleat in the left side below the seam?
Media is a little wavy, but not too bad. I would (and probably will) use one for a regular drain interval.

OT, but which cutter did you get? I just can't seem to make myself spend $35-50 on a cutter, even though I have probably spent almost that much on cutting disks for the dremel over the years.

Definitely NOT a tear, but stains from some kind of oil in the process. I poked them and they are solid.

cutter: $45 I too was hesitant but I need all my digits in tact for work. Ill try to upload an image of it.

Wix rebadge with the price on par to a NAPA ProSelect. Cheap enough to stash and run full OCI's on (aka bulk filter packs.)

Originally Posted By: Jason_Michaels
Definitely NOT a tear, but stains from some kind of oil in the process. I poked them and they are solid.

That's what I thought, but could not quite tell from the pic.

Maybe Santa will bring me a filter cutter...

As with other new ST anecdotes posted, for ~$2.85 looks to be a very serviceable filter. For a ~5k mile conventional oil oci, I'd have no problem using one. Same as the popular ST9688 and 3614, this one also uses a separate dome bypass.

Filter cutter looks to be identical to the one sold at Summit and Jegs. I own the Summit and biggest complaint is with ~3" or less diameter filters, filter base seam area hits the cross bar, not guide wheels. But it still works just not smoothly.

Thanks for c&p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back