Castrol Edge Supercar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was browsing the Castrol website, and noticed a new oil, the Edge Supercar.

It is a 10W60 oil with (supposedly) BMW M and Koenigsegg approval (are these real approvals?), and "suitable" for Aston Martin V8 Vantage, Audi R8 V10 GT, Bugatti Chiron, Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari F12 Berlinetta et Ferrari FF.

Is this the new TWS? Cool name
laugh.gif

http://www.castrol.com/fr_fr/france/car-...s/supercar.html

I wonder how it compares with former TWS formulas and the current "normal" Edge 10W60.

At least it is great marketing
thumbsup2.gif

I had just been in the Parts Source (a NAPA-like subsidiary of Canadian Tire) to pick up 2 litres of my usual Mobil1 0W-40 to carry for top ups for my vehicles, and saw that on the shelf there. The Mobil1 was in-store for $9/L ($US 6.72).

Really ?
I have to check my Total 10W60 jugs, I remember seing something about M approval. Or maybe just "suitable" ? Don't remember.

Unfortunately not available here in the U.S.

I'm curious how it compares to EDGE Professional TWS 10W-60 (the go-to M-car oil) other than the addition of their new titanium additive.

Originally Posted By: bobbydavro
It should be in the US at some point

What is the difference between the Supercar 10W60 and the regular Edge 10W60?

Any preferred applications for one over the other ?

In January 2017 Castrol replied to my email stating:

"Thank you for contacting Castrol North America.

Castrol EDGE SUPERCAR 5W-50 and Castrol EDGE SUPERCAR 10W-60 products will be available for purchase in the U.S. soon.

Castrol Consumer Relations"

Still not available.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Waiting for the first post to state it should be straight 60 because XXWYY oils are for wimps and idiots.

;^)

Comes with a free set of rod bearings.
wink.gif

I followed up with Castrol last week to see if there is any update. Their response:

"Thank you for contacting Castrol North America.

No further information regarding the availability of Castrol EDGE SUPERCAR 5W-50 and Castrol EDGE SUPERCAR 10W-60 oils is available at this time.

Castrol Consumer Relations"

As far as I know, Edge Supercar is simply a rebranding/marketing exercise. The oil inside is exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back