Advanced heavy equipment lubes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which heavy equipment lubricants are not typically available to the regular passenger car owner?
For exampe which oil or grease goes into million dollar harvesters or mining trucks which work great but are not available at your regular auto parts store?

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
For the same application (engine, axles, etc), or those unique to specialized equipment?

Both

You could go to the local JD dealer and buy whatever goes in their combines. I doubt if its anything to exotic as they shouldn't be pushing the limits of most common lubes in farm equipment, atleast on purpose anyways... Corn head grease is supposed to be some tough stuff, and gets used in all sorts of gearboxes with leaky seals by guys on tractorbynet.

You can buy high moly content grease, but I read you have to be careful not to put it in ball bearings as they can start to slide instead of rolling and wear out much quicker than they would've with normal bearing grease.

D A Lubricants http://www.dalube.com/ Been around for decades and supplies oils and greases to some pretty big heavy hitters in the construction and mining industries. I found out about them in the early 80's when I started working for a bridge and hiway construction company. They have some amazing products.

Originally Posted By: DrRoughneck
Which heavy equipment lubricants are not typically available to the regular passenger car owner?
For exampe which oil or grease goes into million dollar harvesters or mining trucks which work great but are not available at your regular auto parts store?

Fleet owners buy lubricants in bulk, usually by bid. The same Chevron products used in equipment costing $$millions is available to all in small quantities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back