Amsoil bmk23

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the bypass is just extra safety margin. UOA's have shown no ill effects and good positive attributes.

You'd have to do some research online I don't remember what article is called but gm a few years back wrote paper saying essentially all engine wear is mostly produced between particles in size range of the 2-20 micron. With bypass systems not only do you get moisture removal but also perfect clean oil down to 2 micron and their able to cycle about 8-10 quarts in 10min of driving. Meaning clean oil and oil intervals with gasoline engines in the 20-30k miles depending on UOA results. I'm not doing It for extended intervals but for clean oil and less wear. There was one article I saw with chevy 454 that had bypass system since new with 500k miles disassembled with no copper showing in bearing wear. There is reason fleets and heavy diesel use these they work excellent.

Reason I posted this thread is my main concern was amount of restriction the full flow EAO filter has vs this fram xg8a which could effect flow to the bypass maybe? The xg8a is equivalent filter to what is used by amsoil in the full flow spot. Am I maybe over thinking this?

Shata,

Fear not my friend. Every full flow filter on the market flows enough to feed the engine with a safety factor built in. Run the full flow filter of your choice along with your bypass. Try googling "engine blown due to bypass oil filter." You'll come up with nada.

I have previously run an Amsoil bypass, Kleen-Oil, NTZ, Puradyn, etc. The size of the feed line to the bypass IS the restriction feeding the bypass, and some manufacturers have smaller input orifices than the 1/8" ID feed line they recommend.

Have fun.

Thanks appreciate the reply, I was assuming it wouldn't effect changing the brand of full flow. Just wanted to make sure. I like being able get my full flows locally and I'll order my bypass online obviously.

So just for sh*ts and giggles I emailed amsoil about this and they said the following:

"I do not recommend using the FRAM XG8A on the AMSOIL Dual Remote Bypass System (Product Code BMK23). Although it appears that this filter will spin on to the system, we do not have information supporting the use of this filter or any other competitors filter. Due to the calibration of these systems, the AMSOIL EAO26 filter is recommended to ensure proper flow rates."

Your guys thoughts?

No it's about them redirecting some oil flow to the bypass filter and the rest through a regular filter. If that regular filter offers too much restriction over the Amsoil one then the engine could starve for oil because some oil was already siphoned off for the bypass filter.

They are telling you that their system has been designed with their filters flow rates in mind because this is data they have and what they set the system up for to safely operate without engine damage. They don't have data and can't stand behind other filter manufacturers.

Amsoil EAO filters are designed to flow more oil and last a long time to go hand in hand with their 25,000 mile OCI guarantee.

You can't expect them to answer any other way because they don't own "X" filter company.

If someone did screw on a Fram and something happened as a result how could they stand behind their product and pay out the warranty claim?

Further if you are doing bypass you will be saving enough on regular changes that are no longer needed that you can afford their filters and still be ahead financially and if you can't then you shouldn't be doing bypass in the first place.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back