Coolant - 2006 Lexus RX330

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for coolant for wife's 2006 Lexus RX330, V6 3.3L that I can get OTC at a local auto store.
I have a O'Reilly real close, then AZ and Napa down the road.
The Toyota & Lexus dealers I would have to take a freeway trip and those areas by the dealers is a bit of traffic.

The coolant looks a kind of pink color (dipped white napkin into it), and when I was at O'Reilly recently, I told the fella and he thinks the Zerex Asain 50/50 should be compatible with what I have - Thinks?
The vehicle has had new timing belt/water pump done not long ago, Toyota service center, and I would like to bring the recovery tank level back up to the full mark.

Thanks for inputs.

If pink (Toyota Super Long Life Coolant) is in there, you can get it @ the dealer or get Beck Arnley Pink; It is prediluted.

If you 'just had' it changed, it should be good for years.

BECK ARNLEY 252-1502

Last edited:
If you are in the warm part of California just add some distilled water to bring it up to the full mark unless you have a giant recovery tank and it's completely empty.

Last edited:
Zerex Asian Formula is one option, available many AP stores. Another option is Valvoline Asian Vehicle AF available at Walmart currently on sale for $8.38/gal with online order store pick up. Same AF as ZAF, just sold at WM stores only and currently less expensive than ZAF. Both are premixes like Toyota SLL pink.

First, the proper level should be just middle between low/full when cool. It shouldn't be at full. Otherwise excess fluid may just overflow when it heats up. If it's already near the middle, you don't need to do anything, it is properly set.

If it's hovering at Low, and you want to just bring it to middle, and you need to add a pint or so to the recovery tank, just use distilled water. Perhaps your % is not 50/50 anymore, but it is close enough.

If the level is low it can be due to some kind of evaporation going on; and not due to co coolant loss; You'd want to just add plain water anyway.

I don't think you should worry about getting coolant unless you intend to do a drain or if you have a coolant leak where you're losing lots of coolant all the time.

Last edited:
Thanks again for the inputs.
I do have jugs of distilled water (for steam cleaner) so I just added some to bring the recovery tank level which is almost down to the add level, up to about the middle between low & full. It's not a large recovery tank. It seem to take about a cup of water.
Being here in Calif. valley, no much to worry about freezing winters.

I just happen to replace all wipers earlier today, then check oil, trans fluid, brake fluid, added some washer fluid and noticed the coolant level a little down in level. Never had to add coolant before.
Calif. is getting rain now. Checked tire pressures too as had new tires installed recently (DT Yokahama YK740 GTX - DT exclusive, so far she's happy with them).

Thanks again all for the inputs - distilled water for now as it took a very small amount. But will sometime pick up a jug of coolant just to have some on hand in the garage for possible future use.

Last edited:
+1
If pink (Toyota Super Long Life Coolant) is in there, you can get it @ the dealer or get Beck Arnley Pink; It is prediluted.

If you 'just had' it changed, it should be good for years.

BECK ARNLEY 252-1502

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JC1
If you are in the warm part of California just add some distilled water to bring it up to the full mark unless you have a giant recovery tank and it's completely empty.

This

I think NAPA sells a Pentosin coolant that is a perfect copy of Toyota pink. They have several other Pentosin coolants which match Honda blue, the silicate-free green coolant found in Japanese cars, and a few other coolants that perfectly match OEM coolants.

Pentosin is a good brand, so I would never worry about using it.

Stopped in local AZ since wife had to go to the store close to it.
Picked up a jug of Pentosin Pentofrost A4
Says on the jug Lexus 05+
P/N 8115209
DIN/ASTM D-3600 OE application
Hybrid OAT

Part of the front label is pink, the cap is pretty pink - everything I seen on the label looked right and the counter guy say's $17.49 so a jug came home with us. So now have some when need for future use. looks to be the same shade of pink that's in the radiator.

Thanks all

Pentofrost P4 is an Asian PHoat, as were/are all the other aftermarket AF recommendations noted in this thread, including but not limited to the WM Valvoline Asian AF, same as ZAF. Also all are 50/50 premixes and pink-ish in color, not that it matters at all. Just a tint used to color the AF, in this case matching Toyota SLL. Imo, all do an equally good job as oem SLL pink and meet spec and service interval.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back