Red Line D6 for 2013 Honda

rjg

Hello all,

I just purchased 2 gallons of Red Line D6 for my 2013 Honda. On Red Lines website, it lists D6 as a replacement for Honda's DW-1. On the new gallons, it doesn't list DW-1. Just curious if anyone has run into this.. Both gallons are fresh.

Thanks for any info!

Thanks for the info. I guess to list all the ATF's, it would require a large label.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Check the "official" coverage list at:

https://www.redlineoil.com/product.aspx?pid=115&pcid=9

Call Dave at Redline for confirmation.

Also, has anyone made the switch to Red Line for their ATF?

Originally Posted By: 2010Civic
The only ATF that goes in my Honda is Honda ATF.
That's what I did until my Honda failed at 70K.

Originally Posted By: thrace

Which Honda fluid were you using?

Why Mobil 1 oil and Napa filters then?

Could be that there is no value in using a Honda branded aftermarket item?

Many people feel the same about ATF.

Choice is good; press on.

It would not matter if you used 24K gold flaked Honda fluid. The transmission would have failed.

I am on D6 on my Lexus Es350 and like it - overall a good fluid.
Lost 2MPG right away and after ECU reset and 6K miles I have reclaimed my loss in MPG.
I am not thoroughly convinced about the shift quality - the shifts feel quick and not to my liking, I like my shifts to glide.

Shifts are moderately but noticeably smoother with DW-1 than D6 in my '13 Honda. Pump whine is also distinct with D6, but not with DW-1. Haven't recorded an mpg difference, but then again it's HOT here, so I wouldn't expect to see one. I've 2 D6 drain-and-fills over the past couple or three years, with a DW-1 drain-and-fill in-between.

Did a drain and fill(4 qts) on my Ridgeline with the D6. Shifts feel slightly firmer - which I like. It also has eliminated a slight shudder around town.

I haven't noticed any pump whine.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

Why Mobil 1 oil and Napa filters then?

Could be that there is no value in using a Honda branded aftermarket item?

Many people feel the same about ATF.

thumbsup2.gif

Choice is good; press on.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

It would not matter if you used 24K gold flaked Honda fluid. The transmission would have failed.

thumbsup2.gif

I run Redline D4 in a 1998 Honda Accord BAXA transmission. Redline products are top notch, and the feeling I get from the fluid is better than anything I ever had from dw-1 or z-1. Use with confidence.

I had 65,000 VERY hard miles on a 2009 Honda Fit, 45,000 miles of that had Redline D6 with 3 dump and fills and the last fill of the 3 had 1 qt of Redline Lightweight Racing ATF and 1 qt of regular Redline ATF both having no slip agents or basically Type F. I want nice firm shifts. I just sold the Fit and it is running great. I added a TransProtector inline filter about 7,000 before and was getting a nice clean filtered ATF, which helped on nice clean shifts, very noticeable in increase in speed of the solenoid and therefor speed of shift. Reduce particulate count helps on friction. I do not like OEM oils!! DW 1 and especially Toyota WS.

I did the same Redline D6 and added cocktailing of two qts of non slip agent racing ATF on my Wife's new to us lease returned Rav4 with 21,400 miles. I now do the drop the pan if I has one, refill and pump out through the return line to get all the olfd ATF out in one shot. Which by the way had totally burnt Toyota WS "garbage" ATF. I have never smelled a worst smelling ATF in my life. I got sick being around it. The Rav4 came from a women in upstate NY and it had no hitch or soccer mom hauling marks.

I just ordered tonight my Redline cocktail mix for my wife's old 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (15,000 low miles) that took the place of my old Honda Fit. As of 2013 1/2 Hyundai uses a group 5 ester ATF. I don't want to pay the $20 a qt Hyundai ATF and I don't know if the skimpt on the add pack since they don't consider a Hyundai a high HP car/truck where Redline has to consider it's ATF could be going into a 500hp vehicle. The Elantra GT and the Rav4 will be towing a small boat and will both have trans cooler added to them with TransProtector filter too.

Also, Since I live in Minnesota I am adding AN disconnects to pull the trans coolers for winter. I am also adding 1/2 inch trans line and 1/2 inch fittings as far as I can to reduce line flow restriction.

Last edited:
RL D6 is quality fluid and used it in ES350.
I reverted back to WS and the s/w and h/w interaction on pressures are more precise with WS.
Stick with OEM fluid, my experiment with D6 was just of waste of money

Back