Cheapest way to send a sample to Blackstone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent a sample for NC to Atlanta, GA in my own padded envelope via USPS first class for $3.65. That was not Blackstone, but thought I would mention what it cost me. The NAPA sample kit I bought could be mailed as is, but I thought it was better to put it in a padded envelope.

Originally Posted By: ewgoforth
The NAPA kit is $15. How much is the testing. It looks identical to the Blackstone kit.

The kit includes all cost for testing INCLUDING TBN.

I usually put the sample bottle into a small box and send it USPS.
My last one was $3.97 first class (including a tracking number)

From NC zip code 27703 to Fort Wayne it shows either priority 3 day $6.85 or First class $3.78 as getting there in 3 days.
That is for a 10 oz package. My last sample with box and packing was 10.6 oz.

Sent mine in a bubble mailer today. Sealed in the black box. 5.3 oz. $3.02 with free tracking. Expected delivery Tuesday (hopefully).

Originally Posted By: THafeez
Sent mine in a bubble mailer today. Sealed in the black box. 5.3 oz. $3.02 with free tracking. Expected delivery Tuesday (hopefully).

Same here. $3.02 from NC. USPS First Class, tracking included. Expected to arrive Tuesday after mailing on Friday.

I just looked online at NAPA, with the online 10% reserve and pick up it shows as $13.50!
I had to select a store in a little larger city to find it in stock.

Originally Posted By: ewgoforth
Do you know who does the NAPA testing? The picture on their site sure looked like a Blackstone kit.

IIRC it goes to a Polaris lab.

Some have issues with Blackstone, others dislike Polaris; for different and various things.

I choose not to use Polaris, I don't like they're report structure, they classify some additives as 'contaminants' and to me don't provide the same level of personal care or interpretation.

I choose Blackstone knowing they charge more than Napa/Polaris for testing and TBN, that their fuel analysis is interpolation not measured, etc., etc. I just like them better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back