Motorcraft FL-400S @ 5861 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
Installed on my trusty 1.9 liter DOHC SL2. This filter was run for 2 short OCIs after a major piston soak. I was probably pushing the envelope running this long of an FCI after a piston soak. Lots of junk accumulated in one area, maybe due to the horizontal placement. First OCI was Mobil 1 for 3.8k miles and a short 2.05k mile OCI with Quaker State Higher Mileage Engine. Filter looks solid as usual for this specific MC model.

Chemtool B-12, then PB Blaster, then Rislone Engine Treatment. I think total soak was almost 2 days.

First horizontal photo of the filter media looks like a tear in the center. Either that, or 2 ribs were squeezed together and bonded with the sludge.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
First horizontal photo of the filter media looks like a tear in the center. Either that, or 2 ribs were squeezed together and bonded with the sludge.

That's the seam.

Looks good and your piston soak worked. Congrats sir
smile.gif

BTW, I installed a PH3600 Extra Guard along with Mobil 1 and a High Mileage bottle of STP. Running solid, smooth, powers up hills great. I have used many Orange Cans O' Delight, always smoothly roars to life, oil light out in a flash.

It has had a positive effect on usage. I am now above 2k miles per quart, which is pretty good for an S-Series. It is slowly improving.

WOW... Now THAT is a great example of a filter that was really put through the ringer.

.. and it held up amazingly well. This just goes to show how solid FL400s filters really are, and how much abuse they can take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back