Motul 8100 X-cess 5W40, 10,152mi, '04 Audi A4 1.8T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motul 8100 X-cess 5W40 UOA on a 2004 Audi A4 1.8T w/123,941 miles. 10,152mi run. Daily-driven with 50/50 city/hwy driving in southeast climate. Each analysis listed was using 8100 X-cess 5W40.

VOA Sample
-----------

Manufacturers Data Sheet
------------------------

Hi neighbor. I have uzed this oil off and on for years with great results. As mentioned elsewhere I have and will use higher HTHS oil if a special need shows up. But this is stout stuff. Do you all have any history with Xmax (which seems to be the step-up halfway house to 300V)? I have found a distributor for just about any oil in Knoxville (drat, name escapes me). Will "refind" it for you if you like. Nice to know a Bitoger is nearby.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
Hi neighbor. I have uzed this oil off and on for years with great results. As mentioned elsewhere I have and will use higher HTHS oil if a special need shows up. But this is stout stuff. Do you all have any history with Xmax (which seems to be the step-up halfway house to 300V)? I have found a distributor for just about any oil in Knoxville (drat, name escapes me). Will "refind" it for you if you like. Nice to know a Bitoger is nearby.

Well hello there! We're a Euro shop not too far from the Chattanooga dealerships. I've been having fun getting nerdy with building up an oil analysis program for customers and myself. We don't have any history with the X-max yet, but we do with the 4100 Power 15W50 and 8100 X-clean 5W40. Hopefully soon we'll have a few for the 300V 5W40. We just set up an acct with P1Performance and they carry a ton of Motuls products. Might have to get some X-max and do some UOAs.

Really great numbers and I'm surprised only 1 qt of makeup oil was used for that run. My VAG friends tend to add a little more than that when needed. Strong zinc and no Moly in that additive pack seems to be working well.

Side note, have a schnitzel sandwich for me at the BrewHaus in Chattanooga by Coolidge park. My wife and I grabbed lunch there on our way out of town on our wedding day a few years ago.

Another great report for Motul. They do seem to know their way around high end lubricants
smile.gif

Strong oil in this Motul.
Are you extending OCI ?
Guessing it could easily go up to 13000 miles or so.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zeng
Strong oil in this Motul.
Are you extending OCI ?
Guessing it could easily go up to 13000 miles or so.

Slowly extending it. 7K, 8K, 10K, then 12K for the next sample. It should easily make that, so i'm tempted to recommend the jump to 13 or 14k.

Originally Posted By: timeau
Same here: zink and magnesium in UOA higher than in VOA. Lab error?

Possibly left over from a very high zinc oil or an additive?

Looking at your other UOA of similar oil at 20K miles in a 2006 Audi A3, I would skip and jump straight up .... this Motul is real robust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back