Speed nanny on my Durango rental from Alamo

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Durango rental from Alamo announces the speed limit every few minutes even though I am travelling below the speed limit. Is this courtesy of Alamo or from Dodge? How do I turn it off?

Seems like a nice reminder.
smile.gif

Turn up the radio, maybe the owners manual is in the glove box, use google,

Check out this thread:

http://www.dodgedurango.net/forums/durango-discussions-2014/15942-speed-warning.html

Search Results: 211,000
Time for search: 0.79 seconds

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=how+to+disable+speed+limit+reminder+on+dodge+durango

Last edited:
Sounds like something from dodge. I work for enterprise who owns Alamo. Our rentals come from the factory like any other car. Some of these new cars use GPS to tell you what the speed limit is but that can be turned off.

I spent a good amount of time above 80-90mph on the freeway when I was in FL a couple mo ago.
I think I was in an Avis car. Ive read about nannies coming to RAC's - but maybe they though better of it unless they want crickets chirping in the reservation line.

Or not; consumer sheep in gen are poorly read, uneducated schmoes.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I spent a good amount of time above 80-90mph on the freeway when I was in FL a couple mo ago.
I think I was in an Avis car. Ive read about nannies coming to RAC's - but maybe they though better of it unless they want crickets chirping in the reservation line.

Or not; consumer sheep in gen are poorly read, uneducated schmoes.
Hard to read the manual when the rental company doesn't keep it in the car. For the Korean job I rented in New Mexico I had to resort to the internet to learn about control functions such as getting out of Sport mode which the prior user had left it in.

Last edited:
Scroll the down arrow on the left side of the steering wheel (EVIC controls) until you read Vehicle Settings. Press OK and scroll to Security. Press OK select Speed Warnings. Select desired speed or Off. Press OK to return to original EVIC display.

I had the same issue on a Fiat Panda I rented a few weeks ago. Silly thing would have a chime emit every time I hit 130kph. Mind you, 130 in that toaster felt like warp speed, so it was probably for my own good.

I tried disabling it, but the owners manual was in Italian :\

In Japan, it's mandatory (cannot be disabled) to have a chime ... a very loud chime, by all accounts ... go off pretty much continuously when the speed of the vehicle exceeds 100 kmH (62 MPH).

The latest and greatest feature of the latest performance cars in the Japanese Domestic Market is a GPS-enabled chime that won't go off if the vehicle is located at a known off-road racing facility.

Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
In Japan, it's mandatory (cannot be disabled) to have a chime ... a very loud chime, by all accounts ... go off pretty much continuously when the speed of the vehicle exceeds 100 kmH (62 MPH).

The latest and greatest feature of the latest performance cars in the Japanese Domestic Market is a GPS-enabled chime that won't go off if the vehicle is located at a known off-road racing facility.

When did that start? It must be relatively recent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back