Anyone Know Where To Buy Hyundai PSF-3 P.S.Fluid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want to change the power steering fluid on my cousins 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe but Hyundai does not make the P.S fluid anymore.. It calls for PSF-3 and they too are unsure what fluid goes in there.. Any Ideas ?

its crazy i was at two dealers and one said you can use..."any power steering fluid" and the other one said i could use PSF-4 which is green.. I know the guys at both dealers so i did not push it too much. Unreal !

What i may do is just empty the system and fill it up with their PSF-4 since they discontinued the PSF-3

I got 3 pints of Hyundai PSF-4 from the dealer and i think i will replace the old stuff with that ..I think if i do a complete change to the PSF-4 it will be fine.. I guess that is what you did, correct?
I think the psf-4 is green.

I have used Redline synthetic Power Steering fluid in my wife's 2011 Santa Fe Limited V6 and also my Lexus vehicle. It seems to work great... I also believe you could use Maxlife ATF.

i finally did a bunch of refills with Hyundai PSF-4 Power Steering Fluid. They say not to mix them with the psf-3 but its ok to use it as top off fluid..They also say its ok to use PSF-4 in a PSF-3 system if the whole system is drained and filled with PSF-4

Quite sure Hyundai never made PSF.

I remember asking the same question years ago in regards to my 2008 Santa Fe that IIRC, recommended Hyundai PSF-3. I don't think we ever came to a definite conclusion. If it's red (or was red) I know what I use. What ever ATF you use in the vehicle.

I went through the same issue about 5 years ago with my 2005 Tucson re: the P.S. fluid change. Even back then Hyundai did not sell any P.S. fluid; however, KIA in Canada did, and so I had them do a complete flush and one more since. And I bought a small bottle of KAI fluid to use in the future.

However, today, the 9th of Sept. 2016, I have a slow P.S. fluid leak and will need to top it off or do a complete change. I'm contemplating on using the Valvoline MaxLife P.S. Fluid, which is clear in color but the label does not say if it's okay to use in Hyundais (just says some import vehicles).

So I called Niteo (1-844-696-4836) which bought out the MaxLife oils from Valvoline (http://www.niteoproducts.com/). Even the tech said he couldn't be sure if this MaxLife P.S. fluid is okay to use. I suspect Hyundai and Kia would not confirm or deny to Valvoline at the time that this MaxLife oil is compatible with their vehicles.

I'm going to go with what "rooflessVW" said about hydraulic oils being the same and top up my P.S. reservoir with the MaxLife stuff. (BTW: Valvoline MaxLife High Mileage DEX/Merc ATF works very well in my transmission, for which I used the Hyundai SP-III exclusively since I bought the vehicle. I just did a drain and refill about 8,000 km or 5,000 miles ago, and no problems.)

Just a follow-up on me using the Valvoline MaxLife P.S. Fluid I mentioned in my previous post. I topped up my reservoir with about a 1/4 cup of fluid (I removed a little bit first with a turkey baster) and have no more PS Fluid leaking! So far, so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back