5.7 Hemi water pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.7 Hemi 181k miles, its truck at work and the water pump started leaking badly, they have to add coolant every day. I just have two questions, what size is the fan nut and is it clockwise to loosen or counterclockwise? Also, what are the torque specs for the pump bolts? I looked online and got answers of 20 ft lbs and 30 ft lbs, I just want to be sure. Thanks

In typical Chris142 fashion, it's straight to the point and not a single word extra; not even a period.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
In typical Chris142 fashion, it's straight to the point and not a single word extra; not even a period.
grin2.gif

Refreshing. Probably why no one else has posted either. Hard to get 3 pages of 'what i would do' on a question and answer like that.

Originally Posted By: Farmer
Chris142 is correct. 36mm. It can be tough to get off.

That last part was totally unnecessary. Let the OP find out for himself.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Chris142 is correct. 36mm. It can be tough to get off.

That last part was totally unnecessary. Let the OP find out for himself.
grin2.gif

I was only sharing from my previous experience about a month ago. It was only Dad's 2012 Ram 1500. It had 88K KM on it only, approx 55K Miles and it almost bit the dust. It was leaking out of the weep hole and it had lots of coolant slinging around the fan belt.

I was only sharing from my previous experience about a month ago. It was only Dad's 2012 Ram 1500. It had 88K KM on it only, approx 55K Miles and it almost bit the dust. It was leaking out of the weep hole and it had lots of coolant slinging around the fan belt.

In keeping with the theme of this thread, as established by Chris142, you're supposed to put down the minimal amount of information; nothing less, nothing more.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back