Pennzoil Platinum Axle 75W-90. Where to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been searching for Pennzoil Platinum Axle 75W-90 GL-5 online and local stores. Only place I've come across is on Ebay for 12-1qt. bottles and that seller seems to be dealing in surplus oils.

Want 3qts. Appreciate any help.

Is there something special that pushes you to this oil? A few years ago, I checked into using Pennzoil synthetic gear oil and the information that I found was it was not really that great. Unless you have some serious reason to want to use this oil I would highly recommend another brand.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Is there something special that pushes you to this oil? A few years ago, I checked into using Pennzoil synthetic gear oil and the information that I found was it was not really that great. Unless you have some serious reason to want to use this oil I would highly recommend another brand.

It appears Pennzoil Platinum Axle 75W-90 GL-5 came out in 2014? According to articles I've read.

Pennzoil Introduces Platinum Transmission Fluid, Axle Oils. November 5, 2014 by CARS Magazine
http://www.autoserviceworld.com/carsmaga...luid-axle-oils/

Specs (pdf): https://prodepc.blob.core.windows.net/epcblobstorage/GPCDOC_GTDS_Pzl_Synthetic_75W-90_(GL-5)_(en)_TDS.pdf

Just looks like a good axle oil, maybe I'm Wrong. Using Pennzoil Ultra for engine.

What would be your #1 synthetic axle oil for front/rear of my 2016 Subaru Outback?

Originally Posted By: GravelRoad
What would be your #1 synthetic axle oil for front/rear of my 2016 Subaru Outback?
For me that is a simple choice--Amsoil Severe Gear.

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
Just go with Mobil 1, and call it a day.

I was comparing the published specs online, appears Pennzoil has better low pour, higher flash and higher VI.

I'm probably over thinking this.

I have 4qts of Amsoil Severe Gear 75w-90, but it's about 6 years old.

Cheap - Walmart supertech 75w90

expensive, Motul gear 300, redline, Amsoil severe gear

other good options out there too.

Oil knows no age--it is already millions of years old. I would use it without a second thought.

Use this. It's one of the oils I put in my Subaru. The biggest oil concern for a Subaru powertrain has always been which oil to use in a manual transmission. Since you've got the CVT, there isn't much to worry about. The differentials aren't picky.

A have a question about Pennzoil Platinum Axle 75W-90 GL-5.
Is this axle oil HC-based or GTL-based or PAO-based?

Oddly enough... M1 is hard to find up here... and Penz green label is easily at hand... although its $18 a litre, and M1 is even more than that, in the ...order of 24+

Amsoil, just did our 08 jeep yesterday, front- rear differentials and transfer case, all amsoil products, products I received thru their recent free shipping deal. Loaded up with the good stuff. Next up, the titan, but some COLD ARTIC air heading our way, delay possible.

You might have an easier time finding Shell Spirax AXRME 75w-90 Synthetic Oil. Try local oil distributors in your area. I buy this oil in one gallon containers and it has a lot more manufacturer approvals and meets more stringent specifications than the Pennzoil oil you are looking for.

Reactions: a5m
Pennzoil makes great stuff but didn't realize they make gear fluids. They recently entered the ATF segment as well.

IMHO, there is nothing better than Amsoil and use it even if its old and forget about it for 100K miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back