WIX 51356, 7,xxx CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was off a co workers 2013 Nissan Sentra along with Synpower 5w30. Put more Synpower 5w30 and NAPA GOLD in and on since the Napa filter was on sale. Put shorter or spec'd filter on also. "Made in Mexico" LOL!

j7qm1h.jpg

141nzis.jpg

2d8s8c0.jpg

21mi2au.jpg

2ccm5p3.jpg

2z3xq9t.jpg

29apqph.jpg

2rxgweo.jpg

141nzis.jpg

23kcfgh.jpg

You guys are welcome; and yes it looks great. Car sees 99% highway miles also. 51,344 on car odometer

Nice looking filter. Glad Wix is still using round holes. Thank you for posting.

You should've used the 57356, which is US-made
smile.gif

Have this filter on my Honda CBR 600 F4i. Since the OCI for the bike is 3k oci, I might just leave it on there if it looks that good....

Slacktide: he brought the 57356 "NAPA GOLD" and that's what I installed
smile.gif

JeepWJ19: I would leave it on your bike
smile.gif

Looks excellent at 7k miles. The topic 51356 'used to be' the spec filter by Wix for majority Hondas, it was the 7317/14610 equivalent. However, couple/few years back Wix redesigned the base plate geometry of some filters for better block engagement and the 57356 became the spec filter, but kept this filter. Now though with the exception of very few automotive applications, it's mostly an OPE app filter.

All things considered, very interesting that this filter was installed on the Sentra. Not only is it an old Wix application not now for Honda or Nissan, it's the upsize 7317 equivalent. The actual spec Wix/Napa Gold application has been for awhile and is now is the 'shorty' 5/1358 with the new base plate design. But, I'd use the longer 57356 with silicone adbv too on the Sentra too.

As for coo, a few Wix apps like this are made in Mexico. I've used the NG 1334 also made there and like the this one experienced no fall off in quality. As comparison, many Fram cartridges are made in China now.

Thanks for c&p.

Some things made in Mexico would of wound up made in China anyway. How much will you pay?
I looked at two hammers the other day. The made in USA was twice the price. I bought that one - but mainly since it looked like it would last for 20 years ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back