Know anything about Lexani Tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across this brand online recently and they look good, but I know nothing about them other than they are owned
by Nexan and may be made in China or Korea. Am going to try the LX-30 on the rear of my Slingshot.

They are marketed to the same people that buy big Lexani wheels, and generally do not care about the ride or durability of a tire, but only the look.

I would not use them. If you need something cheap, try a Nexen.

Last edited:
Can you post their braking distance results for a wet road, preferably from a fully certified German test center.

You get what you pay for from tyres, so if you like short stopping distances, good handling and blow out resistance, stick to top of the range tyres made by one of the major players.
Continental, Goodyear, Dunlop and Michellin are all real good companies. I use Dunlop summer tyres and Conti winter tyres, although there is not much to choose between the top 4 companies.

In other words: no, nobody actually knows anything about them and thus, anything they post should be ignored as hot air.

Nexen is the Korean parent company - I don't find any safety alerts on them ...

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Don't they go on a Lexus?

I found several owners on the Lexus forum that were using and liked them. Found some comments from other car owners
that were satisfied, but that's about all.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Rear is a 265/35R18.

OEM rear is 255-35-20 on mine. I chose to go with a 275-40-20 in order to get a bit more rubber on the road but mainly a slightly softer ride. I have now been running the Lexani LX30 for a few days and it certainly improved the ride and I cannot feel any lessening of handling over the OEM. I had it balanced on a Road Force machine and it balanced out well.
I will definitely stay with this size tire when the time comes for a replacement.

Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK
Can you post their braking distance results for a wet road, preferably from a fully certified German test center.

You get what you pay for from tyres, so if you like short stopping distances, good handling and blow out resistance, stick to top of the range tyres made by one of the major players.
Continental, Goodyear, Dunlop and Michellin are all real good companies. I use Dunlop summer tyres and Conti winter tyres, although there is not much to choose between the top 4 companies.

Do you have any data from.a German test centre that would indicate tyres from Nexen (OE tyre for Kia's) or Hankooks (OE tyre for Mercedes E220) for example are inferior to Goodyear, Michelin, Dunlop or Continental?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back