Mechanic In A Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought some mechanic in a bottle at Home Depot on the recommendation of a family member who is a good small engine mechanic. The stuff flat out WORKS. I had a 3.5 hp Briggs mower that suddenly started running poorly and surging. I use fresh E zero gas and stabilizer so the fuel should be ok. I put a generous slug of MIAB in the tank and mowed the lawn. The mower smoothed out and has run fine ever since. I know that everyone has a favorite carb cleaner, just reporting on one that worked for me :)

Let me know when the mechanic in a bottle is able to remove foreign debris from fuel pickup screens. I'll go out and buy some then.

Foreign debris is probably not dissolved by any fuel system cleaner, no matter how good. My guess is there were fuel system deposits, even tho I am really careful about fuel storage and stabilizer. I was just reporting on something that worked well for me in MY SPECIFIC SITUATION. I have enough stuff to do without tearing into my mower carb.

^^^^^ +1

I hear you on enough to do.......

No 100% gas here unfortunately. I've been adding a dose of Gumout Regane HM to the mower gas jug to work on the old B&S over time.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Let me know when the mechanic in a bottle is able to remove foreign debris from fuel pickup screens. I'll go out and buy some then.
best way to remove foreign debris is to not pour them in in the first place.

Originally Posted By: Superflop
best way to remove foreign debris is to not pour them in in the first place.

You are exactly correct. That's why after taking the carburetor off multiple times for cleaning, I decided to pony up and get the Mr. Funnel.

s-l1000.jpg

Yep, use this funnel on mowers and one at camp for topping off tank in small boat ...
Well balanced too ...

MIAB has worked great for me as well. Good stuff.
My gas can for OPE gets a bottle of this every time I refill it.

Not sure if self defeating- but just split a bottle in two cans along with Stabil Marine juice ...

B12 Chem tool has been good to me, though it plugged the carb even worse before clearing out again from the nasty stuff in the gas tank.

I like a mechanic in a bottle idea, I too drink when working on vehicles , keeps me calmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back