Tire rotation cost.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart does it for $10 plus tax or free if tires were installed there. So $2.50 per wheel. Toyota dealer charges $20 I believe.

The tire shop I go to charges $5 to rotate the tires. I don't understand "per tire basis" as a tire rotation is all 4 tires, and not to my knowledge charged on a per tire basis.

Last edited:
Per tire? I didn't know you could rotate only one tire.

Discount Tire rotates them for free, regardless if you bought your tires from them.

Yea, i never understood the "per tire" labeling but many shops that post up prices do this. Now that someone mentioned duallys, i think that is the reason why.

Otherwise i've seen as low as $15 and as high as $50 at dealerships. Good thing is i'm staggered tires and i have a winter/summer set. So i kinda never do a rotation.

I assume the $50 at the dealerships is to cover possible flipping tires on staggered wheels to properly rotate the LR and RR tires, not 100% sure as i never asked them to rotate.

Free rotation and balance at Discount Tire, if purchased there.
01.gif

Originally Posted By: 2009Edge
01.gif

$0.00. Discount Tire does it for free.

Discount Tire does all of my tire work, so I wouldn't have any idea how much a shop charges to rotate tires. As Nick1994 pointed out, they even rotate tires that you didn't buy there, for free. They take my summer tires off and put my winter tires on for free. They check tire pressure any time I want, for free.

So, if you ask me, it should cost nothing to rotate tires. All shops should provide the same quality of service that places like Discount Tire gives. If they don't, then take your business somewhere that does.

That's my
49.gif

Discount tire rotates free if you bought the tires from them. I am skeptical about the comments that they will do that regardless of where you bought their tires. I don't see a statement by them to that effect. Maybe I missed something, so it might pay to look or ask.

Some people get 5-tire+wheel rotations, including me. At Discount Tire free.

Dealers often offer a package of oil change and rotations. They view this as the opportunity to say that your brakes need changing including new rotors. Some of the time when they say that, they are right.

Last edited:
Years ago there was a Honda dealer here that charged $35 for tire rotation and balance. They really didn't have an option just for the rotation. Everything else there I was fine with but thought that seemed little different.

Many shops do it free if you bought the tires there. It gives them a shot at selling brakes, front end work, etc. Two local garages around here charge $20 for a 4 tire rotation, which gives them a shot at selling brakes, front end work, etc.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Many shops do it free if you bought the tires there. It gives them a shot at selling brakes, front end work, etc. Two local garages around here charge $20 for a 4 tire rotation, which gives them a shot at selling brakes, front end work, etc.

Town Fair Tire just sells tires, they don't do any brake or front end work. They also do alignments, that's about it, basically just tires and rims.

Originally Posted By: Carbon
Discount tire rotates free if you bought the tires from them. I am skeptical about the comments that they will do that regardless of where you bought their tires. I don't see a statement by them to that effect. Maybe I missed something, so it might pay to look or ask.

It is for real. I can personally attest to it.

Discount Tire has done all my tire work ever since I moved back to Utah. So when I bought My Outback, I called and asked how much it would cost for them to do the tire rotations, even though it has factory tires. They told me they would do it for free, that it doesn't matter to them where I bought the tires.

Of course when it came time to replace the factory tires, you know where I bought the new set of tires. Les Schwab. Not!! Discount Tire of course.

But hey, all the rest of you buy your tires from Sears or Les Schwab or Firestone or some place else. I want Discount Tire to remain hungry for the competition's business. Plus, I don't like long lines when I go in for service.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: BHopkins
Originally Posted By: 2009Edge
01.gif

$0.00. Discount Tire does it for free.

Discount Tire does all of my tire work, so I wouldn't have any idea how much a shop charges to rotate tires. As Nick1994 pointed out, they even rotate tires that you didn't buy there, for free. They take my summer tires off and put my winter tires on for free. They check tire pressure any time I want, for free.

So, if you ask me, it should cost nothing to rotate tires. All shops should provide the same quality of service that places like Discount Tire gives. If they don't, then take your business somewhere that does.

That's my
49.gif

This is why I don't even shop around for tires, I only buy at Discount Tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back