Turtle wax VS NuFinish

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst thing that ever happened to Nu Finish was they advertised it on Saturday morning. After that it was branded as a infomercial scam. The problem was it was a scam that worked better than anything else on the market. It's all I use. It lasts in the desert Sun better than any other product. And produces the best and longest lasting shine.

grampi There are several...Collinite said:
yeh.. Collinite Fleetwax 885 (Paste) and Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax 845 (liquid) ..Great product. Certainly nothing wrong with NU Finish. I am using the Mothers Brazilian Carnuba Wax right now.

Originally Posted By: billt460
worked better than anything else on the market.

This made me laugh, only to those that have never tried anything decent.

Originally Posted By: FastEddie

I've been a pro for 25 year with 15 of those full time and I have used everything on the market. It does work as well as most products on the market. Yes there are better but no by much. For a decent shine and something that protects as long as it does, there is not much that can beat it. What can is like splitting hairs.

Yeah, that gave me a good laugh too...

Originally Posted By: Chris B.

I've been a pro for 25 year with 15 of those full time and I have used everything on the market. It does work as well as most products on the market. Yes there are better but no by much. For a decent shine and something that protects as long as it does, there is not much that can beat it. What can is like splitting hairs.

Well I'm currently a pro detailer that does 3-5 paint corrections a week for the past 23 years, and have detailed cars for the Pebble Beach Concours going on 9 years now (have 2 cars I did this year). I do totally agree with you that NuFinish is and OK product for "most" and works just as fine as many OTC mediocre products, but someone claiming it has the best shine and is the longest lasting is either giving out misinformation, or hasn't used very many products. And I don't believe there is any detailer that has used everything on the market, whether they claim so or not.

Well I'm currently a pro detailer that does 3-5 paint corrections a week for the past 23 years, and have detailed cars for the Pebble Beach Concours going on 9 years now (have 2 cars I did this year). I do totally agree with you that NuFinish is and OK product for "most" and works just as fine as many OTC mediocre products, but someone claiming it has the best shine and is the longest lasting is either giving out misinformation, or hasn't used very many products. And I don't believe there is any detailer that has used everything on the market, whether they claim so or not.

It certainly dosnt have the best shine but it will stand with the longest lasting products on the market. For show cars there are better choices but for the average joe driving his Ford af150 and wants protection NF excells and is far from mediocre in that reguard.

nufinish is the longest lasting polymer sealant on the market even to this day. Sorry to disappoint you.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
nufinish is the longest lasting polymer sealant on the market even to this day. Sorry to disappoint you.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it's not...

With the top sealants it is like splitting hairs. NF without a doubt is one the top performers for longevity and protection. I'm working on a test but it will be a few months before I get to start it. I need to find a hood I can use and keep outside while the weather chips away at the sealants. I'll be posting pictures and updates as this year+ long test goes on.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
^ Or..... you could read the Consumer Reports article/rating for NuFinish. ^

The problem with CR is they don't compare NF to any of the good stuff that's been mentioned here, i.e. Durgloss, Collonite, Zaino, etc...they only test the stuff you'd find on the shelves at Wally World...

With the top sealants it is like splitting hairs. NF without a doubt is one the top performers for longevity and protection. I'm working on a test but it will be a few months before I get to start it. I need to find a hood I can use and keep outside while the weather chips away at the sealants. I'll be posting pictures and updates as this year+ long test goes on.

Good to know Chris.I used to use it. And it seem really good. There always were lots of snobs on autopia who regularly looked down their noses at it.

Originally Posted By: Al

Good to know Chris.I used to use it. And it seem really good. There always were lots of snobs on autopia who regularly looked down their noses at it.

And I guarantee most of those "snobs" have never even tried it. I know because I have worked with and know many detailers over the years at car shows and we have had conversations and most have never used it and are going off what they hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back