List of VOA's from Russian Oil Club

So, low zinc 5w30/SN is only an American thing? What about the Russians catalytic converters...From the several 5w30 samples I looked at they seem loaded with AW.. do they have cats? Or did they fall apart from the high zinc levels.
smirk.gif

Last edited:
I was impressed by thoroughness and organization of the website as I could navigate without knowing language. The Redline 5w30 was listed under racing oils but picture was of standard bottle. Noack was 5.3.

Ester based oils are sport oriented because of high thermal stability and great adhesive properties. There is one more thing- price, it's far away from VHVI based oils. So there's no need in esters just for riding work-home.
If there's smth interesting in those VOAs&UOAs, i can help u

I'm interested in any analysis of

Total quartz 9000 energy 0w30
Elf Excellium full-tech 0w30

both are the same oil.

There's an analysis in the picure below, buth the TAN and SAPS are so much away from any other oil I can't trust the results. Noack is sadly missing aswell.

post-2-0-19670500-1466411076.gif

I found the original report, and it's clear now there's been a mistake in the compilation above:

post-2-0-05821500-1364804934.jpg

Is that a TAN of 2.74 and SAPS of 0.92%?

FL_Rob,

Originally Posted By: FL_Rob
What about the Russians catalytic converters...

Many people there remove CATs especially on a second hand petrol cars.

The ROC is a great source of info and it's not too hard to figure out what the various columns are without using a translator.

Last edited:
The units and standard number (method) tell me mostly what I need to know. That and the periodic table.
Eg units are "%" and method is "5800" then that is Noack Volatility.

Back