Purolator Synthetic PSL20195 @ ~10.3k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrQuackers

Site Donor 2024
Held up OK through 3 short OCIs on my SL2. The seam is a little iffy but only a pinhole found with a light projected through the tube. Again, the ADBV is all cut up, however the oil light on startup was only on for a split second so it seems it was doing its job regardless. I now have a Motorcraft FL400S installed which usually look flawless after well over 5k miles.

Looks like a shark attack on the ADBV.
eek.gif

Those cuts in the ADBV look too uniform for me to question if they werent already there to begin with. I know it beats the purpose of the ADBV but I dunno.

The MC you used is solid - for higher cost stuff - seems the flagship Purolator is not up to par with brand in your signature .

Good job here MrQuakers. Really not good what is noted here. The two newer ones I cut into looked very good as a whole. Some newer ones have had the Sharknado attack in the ADBV too. Though my two were perfectly fine.

Thanks for posting. I still won't use them. My trust is long gone, and not likely to return.

Maybe they value flow over filtration. When you run a Purolator past its prime, it loads up and tears so flow can continue while still filtering decently. Instead of relying on a bypass, it does that.

Maybe they just arent a filter meant for long runs, no matter what the media is from. Just like some synthetics arent 15000 capable, some filters are still in the 3000-5000 range.

I think the main concern would be if some media tore apart and got passed into the lubrication system/engine.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Maybe they value flow over filtration. When you run a Purolator past its prime, it loads up and tears so flow can continue while still filtering decently. Instead of relying on a bypass, it does that.

Do they rely on that behaviour to function as the ADBV, too, when that gets cut to pieces?

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28

Do they rely on that behaviour to function as the ADBV, too, when that gets cut to pieces?

Didn't they invent the filter?

Maybe they've decided to reinvent it.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
I reckon the tears are from the inlet holes. Darn burrs

Ahh that makes sense. You should email the company the pics so they know what's happening.

^dunno,that seems about as productive as contacting a rebate processing company.

Originally Posted By: deven
I reckon the tears are from the inlet holes. Darn burrs

Ahh that makes sense. You should email the company the pics so they know what's happening.

Yep, sharp edges on the inside of the base inlet holes are like shark teeth.
eek.gif

^dunno,that seems about as productive as contacting a rebate processing company.

Someone should post that photo of the tore up ADBV on Purolator's Facebook page.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Someone should post that photo of the tore up ADBV on Purolator's Facebook page.

Won't do any good. They don't listen to customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back