Ford 1720 Tractor

Status
Not open for further replies.
My grandfather has a Ford 1720 tractor that he recently acquired. Since I will be using it a lot I figured I would change the oil out so I have a good reference point. I have a lot of questions:

Any recommendations on oil for this machine?
Some reading on different forums indicates that 10w30 is recommended where I live rather than 15w40. That isn't a big deal since the local Wal-Mart stocks Rotella and Motocraft for Diesel engines in 10w30. I think they even have Mobil1 10w30.

Any recommendations on the filter?
The current filter is a Parts Master 61521 and I have no idea where to purchase that brand around here. It crosses to a FRAM PH16 and I believe a Motocraft FL300. Would I be better off to visit the New Holland dealer and get the genuine parts?

What would be a good change interval starting out?
I plan to do a UOA at some point.

As you can tell by my questions I don't have a service/users manual so all I have is what I have read about. Its a solid machine and I look forward to using it. I just want to make sure to take care of the maintenance before I get started mowing with it.

5 quarts 15w-40 & Motorcraft FL-1A.

NIRTQxI.png

Thanks for the chart.

I found the service information under the hood for the service intervals so I have that one figured out.

Now to choose Rotella or Motorcraft diesel oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back