2016 Corolla rental review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
I was at a Chick-fil-a drive thru and girl commented how ugly the rear looked.

OK, but how was her rear?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay
I'm really loving mine too. 31 mpg mostly city driving. Sportier than i thought it would be.

I think some who bad-mouth the Corolla are either parroting what others have said without actually driving one, or their extensive experience in Formula 1 has raised their bars super high...

For what you get in return, the Corolla is a decent package, and it's always been one of the lighter models in its class, and low weight certainly adds to the "tossability" of a car. For every Corolla out there with slippery or soft tires that responds like a slug, there's one with decent tires that will actually go where you steer it.

My '07 was actually surprisingly neutral. I was conditioned to believe that any FWD Toyota would be a plow fest. The '07 I had tossed that out the window... The 5-speed really helped make it fun, though. It's probably a car I'd still have if the driving position fit me better. I averaged about 35 city and 38 highway with it. It was just a good honest small car.

Corolla with 6 speed manual trans is actually a great car for the money if a person is on a budget. I would rather have new Corolla than redesigned Civic.

With a base Corolla you can still get it with a 4spd automatic but I don't think you can get cruise control with that model.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

smile.gif

I didn't look cause she around 16 years old...

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: wemay
I'm really loving mine too. 31 mpg mostly city driving. Sportier than i thought it would be.

I think some who bad-mouth the Corolla are either parroting what others have said without actually driving one, or their extensive experience in Formula 1 has raised their bars super high...

For what you get in return, the Corolla is a decent package, and it's always been one of the lighter models in its class, and low weight certainly adds to the "tossability" of a car. For every Corolla out there with slippery or soft tires that responds like a slug, there's one with decent tires that will actually go where you steer it.

My '07 was actually surprisingly neutral. I was conditioned to believe that any FWD Toyota would be a plow fest. The '07 I had tossed that out the window... The 5-speed really helped make it fun, though. It's probably a car I'd still have if the driving position fit me better. I averaged about 35 city and 38 highway with it. It was just a good honest small car.

I very much agree.

Corolla with 6 speed manual trans is actually a great car for the money if a person is on a budget. I would rather have new Corolla than redesigned Civic.

The exterior of the redesigned civic is just, ?????? But I think Id take the Honda interior.

At least one can buy an MT corolla, that's something!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

smile.gif

I didn't look cause she around 16 years old...

Look, but don`t touch

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
My mother has a Corolla. It's...OK. It's your basic transportation appliance, bland and boring.

I have a 400HP S2000. The S2000 "ain't" boring.

The '16 Corolla I rented last week is not a 400HP S2000, but I found it very fun. It's responsive steering, taught suspension, revvy engine and instant throttle response makes it a really fun car around town. The new Corolla is one of the best driving, reasonably inexpensive new cars around. It may be many things, but "numb" is not one of them.

I found hers to be the opposite...trans always in the wrong ratio, hard ride without any handling benefit, laggy throttle response. As I said: your basic transportation appliance, bland and boring. Honestly...I'd rather have a Mirage.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

The exterior of the redesigned civic is just, ?????? But I think Id take the Honda interior.

At least one can buy an MT corolla, that's something!

I like the redesign. At least the two door model. And yes, the interior is top-notch for sure. Very attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back