Power Steering Fluid Knowledge Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the fluid cools there is a tendency for a partial vacuum to form, and if there are any ingress points, moisture will be sucked in especially when the humidity is high.

Ingress points can be any porous hoses, bad seal on reservoir cap, or bad seal on rack.

OK...took one more shot to squeeze any additional air bubbles out of the system before shutting her off for the night day before yesterday....didn't expect it to really work so I shut it down right after expecting to wake up to the same whining pump. Started her up yesterday and it was quiet and functioning normal! No problems with it all day...hoping it is good for now and I have avoided a new PS pump! I will keep a close eye on the fluid to make sure it stays clean!

Thanks for the great advice and the proper procedure for changing the fluid. MUCH APPRECIATED and great forum!

Originally Posted By: jcbcts
OK...took one more shot to squeeze any additional air bubbles out of the system before shutting her off for the night day before yesterday....didn't expect it to really work so I shut it down right after expecting to wake up to the same whining pump. Started her up yesterday and it was quiet and functioning normal! No problems with it all day...hoping it is good for now and I have avoided a new PS pump! I will keep a close eye on the fluid to make sure it stays clean!

Thanks for the great advice and the proper procedure for changing the fluid. MUCH APPRECIATED and great forum!

Glad that you sorted out ps pump cavitation noise issue by bleeding the air.
I would consider several D&F's and sourcing for high KV40 and KV100 ps steering fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back