Drain and Fill on 2010 Toyota Highlander SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a drain and fill on our 2010 Toyota Highlander with right at 66,500 miles on it . I chose to go with the MaxLife LV ATF. I got about 5 quarts out manual says it holds 9.3 qts so I am going to drive it for a week or so then drain and fill again. I know this will not get all the old fluid out but I am hoping to get as much new fluid in as possible. The old fluid was very very dark and the MaxLife LV and Toyota transmission seem to be getting along just fine for now.

It was the first drain and fill and yes it does have a dip stick. The 500 miles between services is what I am thinking would be best before I drain and fill a second time. I have been working almost 7 days a week for the past month so finding the time to do an actual pan drop and filter change just has not been an option so I decided to go this route for now.

Originally Posted By: mctmatt
I did a drain and fill on our 2010 Toyota Highlander with right at 66,500 miles on it . I chose to go with the MaxLife LV ATF. I got about 5 quarts out manual says it holds 9.3 qts so I am going to drive it for a week or so then drain and fill again. I know this will not get all the old fluid out but I am hoping to get as much new fluid in as possible. The old fluid was very very dark and the MaxLife LV and Toyota transmission seem to be getting along just fine for now.
I have followed this same procedure for my 04 speed AT and the fluid stays nice a red.

The Toyota Nation is pretty passionate about using the WS ATF but with the limited time I just did the best research I could and decided to put my trust the the MaxLife will work fine. I am pretty confident there will not be any issues but I will watch it for any changes that might occur.

Maxlife is rgeat stuff. You will not be disappointed
smile.gif

Just put Maxlife in my 2010 Rav4, which is a WS application.

I am changing it once a year until the fluid changes back to red. I only get about 3 quarts out of a drainplug drain.

Maxlife has worked well for me. I'd use it with confidence if it's recommended by Valvoline.

Originally Posted By: mctmatt

From what I have read even new the WS is a darker red that other ATF's.
I am using Maxlife on my wife's 2012 Scion xB (WS spec). I am doing a 30,000 mile drain and fill interval on it. Only 3000 miles into my first change, but no problems and I don't expect any either.

Alot of people recommended going with Amsoil or Mobil 1 ATF but for up here in the North Texas area (DFW Area) I just been able to find MaxLife, Castrol, and the Wal-Mart Super Tech for my ATF choices. So far very pleased with the MaxLife and so is my bank account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back