Is Liqui Moly good oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they make very good products, but they don't treat their products as aggressively as Amsoil signature series. Probably more comparable to the Amsoil OE if I had to guess.

They shine in oil additive solutions and have a wide variety to choose from. Them and Amsoil are curbing to different clientele. Liquimoly TopTec4200 is an uber stout oil that is comparable to SSO or M1EP. Europe has voted Liquimoly best so maybe they are,maybe not. I like Motul 300v series as well as redline oil.Its preference as well as how deep do you wanna go to buy a qt of oil?

Liqui Moly make some really good additives that really work, AFAIK their oils aren't something special, but surelly they do the job and sincerely can't see any reason for them to not be working for a Honda, if the right specs and viscosity are chosen. I personally think that Amsoil should be better as far as oils are concerned.

Originally Posted By: Avery4
Would it beat Amsoil?

Yes it would.
I see it all the time.

Amsoil is always getting beat by Liqui Moli.
Like a red-headed stepchild.
Like an egg in your shoe.

In fact I saw Mr. Amsoil just last week.
I walked up and said, "how are those Liqui Moli beatings going?"
Old man Amsoil didn't say a word, and just walked away with his head hung low.
Beaten.
By Liqui Moli.
Yet again.

You got to be careful with Liqui Moly as they make numerous variants even in the same weight that are tailored to a few spec's and are not all encompassing.

Marco620,

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Europe has voted Liquimoly best so maybe they are,maybe not.

Not Europe
smile.gif
But readers of four major automobile magazines in Germany. Meaning that this is not an expert opinion, but rather a choice of customers of the brand (http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/web.nsf/id/li_en_pszi9vjbn2.html)

Originally Posted By: Avery4
Would it beat Amsoil?

Which LM vs which Amsoil product?
In what engine?

I use both.

LM Leichtlauf meets the MB 229.5 spec and has the highest TBN of all the oils I have available.
Amsoil will usually beat LM on price (which is rare). I just bought a bunch of Amsoil Euro since they had a $4.95 shipping sale, and prices are going up 6% in August.
I personally like Amsoil, but LM makes a good product.
I have seen some here say LM doesn't do as well at cleaning compared to other oils.

I would go to the LM and Amsoil sites, plug in your car/engine, and compare the products that they recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back